Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia for the other 98% of us

Is it Joel McCrea?  They made six together.

1.  Gambling Lady

2.  Banjo On My Knee

3.  Internes Can't Take Money

4.  Union Pacific

5.  The Great Man's Lady

6.  Trooper Hook

Barbara also made five movies with George Brent.

You are correct, Princess.  Bette Davis and George Brent made eleven movies together.

1.  So Big - 1932

2.  The Rich Are Always With Us - 1932

3.  Housewife - 1934

4.  Front Page Woman - 1935

5.  Special Agent - 1935

6.  The Golden Arrow - 1936

7.  Jezebel - 1938

8.  Dark Victory - 1939

9.  The Old Maid - 1939

10. The Great Lie - 1941

11. In This Our Life - 1942 

Good work, Princess.  The thread is now yours. 

This actress is known for being on a popular long running detective show that's still on today. 

Her mom was an actress of the Golden Age Of Hollywood and had been in a movie with Cary Grant. 

A car crash had sadly killed the mother when said actress was just a little girl (she was also in the car that day with her brothers but thankfully all the children were ok). 

Please name both the daughter and mother, what show and role the daughter is known for and what movie the mom was in with Cary? 

1 hour ago, Desilufan said:

This actress is known for being on a popular long running detective show that's still on today. 

Her mom was an actress of the Golden Age Of Hollywood and had been in a movie with Cary Grant. 

A car crash had sadly killed the mother when said actress was just a little girl (she was also in the car that day with her brothers but thankfully all the children were ok). 

Please name both the daughter and mother, what show and role the daughter is known for and what movie the mom was in with Cary? 

Ditto above.

This actor became a classic TV legend by playing a father in a nostalgic '70s-80s sitcom. 

But he had quite a career prior to that, having starred on Broadway in a musical and winning a Tony Award in 1960.

Also in the 60s he appeared in films starring Peter Sellers, Debbie Reynolds, Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda. 

He closed out his TV series career playing a sheriff  and then in another series playing a priest. 

When you identify this actor and his iconic TV role as a father, also name one of his other TV or movie credits that you enjoyed.

10 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

This actor became a classic TV legend by playing a father in a nostalgic '70s-80s sitcom. 

But he had quite a career prior to that, having starred on Broadway in a musical and winning a Tony Award in 1960.

Also in the 60s he appeared in films starring Peter Sellers, Debbie Reynolds, Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda. 

He closed out his TV series career playing a sheriff  and then in another series playing a priest. 

When you identify this actor and his iconic TV role as a father, also name one of his other TV or movie credits that you enjoyed.

Is it Tom Bosley who played Howard Cunningham on Happy Days?  He won a Tony for playing Mayor LaGuardia in Fiorello!  He played Sheriff Tucker on Murder She Wrote and  the title character on Father Dowling Mysteries

I enjoyed him in Love with the Proper Stranger as mild-mannered Anthony Columbo who courts a pregnant Natalie Wood.  He is very sweet and rather sad, offering to marry her and raise the baby as his own.  I also liked him in The World of Henry Orient as the father of one of the girls and husband to an unfaithful Angela Lansbury.   I love the last scene he has with his daughter as they make plans to spend more time together and to start over as a family of two.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Peebs said:

Is it Tom Bosley who played Howard Cunningham on Happy Days?  He won a Tony for playing Mayor LaGuardia in Fiorello!  He played Sheriff Tucker on Murder She Wrote and  the title character on Father Dowling Mysteries

I enjoyed him in Love with the Proper Stranger as mild-mannered Anthony Columbo who courts a pregnant Natalie Wood.  He is very sweet and rather sad, offering to marry her and raise the baby as his own.  I also liked him in The World of Henry Orient as the father of one of the girls and husband to an unfaithful Angela Lansbury.   I love the last scene he has with his daughter as they make plans to spend more time together and to start over as a family of two.  

Yes, Peebs and it sounds like you're one of his fans.

I enjoyed him on "Happy Days", but he really won me over with Angela on "Murder She Wrote".

Peebs, you're up next.....

• Like 1

Thanks Princess!

Next:  In the poster for Casablanca, the image of Humphrey Bogart was pulled from a publicity photo from another movie.  What was the other movie?

casablanca_poster.jpg?itok=mDTJkykq  screen_shot_2015-09-30_at_4.10.08_pm.png?itok=xQEC-YU5

6 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

The other movie would be "Across The Pacific" which reunited "The Maltese Falcon" stars Bogey, Mary Astor, and Sydney Greenstreet.

Yep, that's correct.  Well done, Miles!  Your thread.

Thanks, Peebs.  Humphrey Bogart made several movies with Lauren Bacall, but before they were married, he made a movie with another one of his wives.  Who was that wife and what was the name of the movie?