Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia for the other 98% of us

Kid Dabb

Thanks, Mr. Magoo!  Bergner was in fact the tough one (I didn't realize she had ever been nominated).  🙂

Next:

All the following actors appeared (uncredited) in the same famous movie.  What is it?

John Barrymore
Lionel Barrymore
Joan Crawford
Marion Davies
Douglas Fairbanks
John Gilbert
Lillian Gish
Harold Lloyd
Carole Lombard
Myrna Loy
Colleen Moore
Mary Pickford

5 hours ago, MrMagoo said:

To me it looks like BEN-HUR: A TALE OF THE CHRIST (1925). Most of them were spectators at a chariot race. Interesting.

Yes, that's it.  This was literally a random factoid I came across today while researching something else.  Not sure whether those particular actors just weren't doing anything else at the time, or if the studio actively encouraged their involvement.

Nice work, Magoo, and it's your thread again.  🙂

Name the Hollywood actor who played college football with 2 of our countries most trail blazing, African American, professional athletes...one was in football and the other in baseball.

Name all 3. 

13 minutes ago, MrMagoo said:

The actor I am looking for is also African American.

Woody Strode who along with Kenny Washington and Jackie Robinson played on the 1939 UCLA Bruins football team?  The three were also known as The Gold Dust Trio.  

Playing for Posterity

11 hours ago, MrMagoo said:

Yes. I always thought that was an interesting trio. I have another Hollywood/sports trivia Q for my next one.

But, it' your board right now.

Thanks, Magoo. Yes, that was an interesting bit of history.  I wasn't sure who the actor was until your second clue. That cinched it.

Next:  

Name the three New York Yankees players who make cameos in That Touch of Mink (1962)?

5 hours ago, Peebs said:

Thanks, Magoo. Yes, that was an interesting bit of history.  I wasn't sure who the actor was until your second clue. That cinched it.

Next:  

Name the three New York Yankees players who make cameos in That Touch of Mink (1962)?

My favorite team--

Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Yogi Berra

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

My favorite team--

Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Yogi Berra

Movie Posters, Lobby Cards, Vintage Movie Memorabilia - 1920s to present @  Film Posters | Cary grant, Movie lobby cards, Gig young

Well done, Princess!  I had no idea that you were a Yankees fan. I won't hold that against you. 😉

Your thread...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

My first thought would be  It Happens Every Spring , the Ray Milland, Pail Douglas , Jean Peters movie. It's a fun film. Haven't seen this one in a long time.  ?????

Yes, Lav, this is definitely a fun film. Your turn....

9 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

When the star of a film met the co-star, he said "Kid, you are going to have to do what I do because I sure can't do what you do." Who were the 2 and the film , extra for what he was referring to when that was said  ?????

I have no idea, so I'm going to guess--

Gene Kelly talking to Frank Sinatra about "Anchors Away". 

If I'm right, it's obvious what they were referring to.

17 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I have no idea, so I'm going to guess--

Gene Kelly talking to Frank Sinatra about "Anchors Away". 

If I'm right, it's obvious what they were referring to.

You're on the right track Princess but not Frank and Gene, neither is in this film.The film is a musical with lots of dancing.

8 minutes ago, Fausterlitz said:

Fred Astaire to Leslie Caron in Daddy Long Legs? (because she had been a ballet dancer)

Bingo! Fred said that to Leslie Caron when they first met before they began filming Daddy Long Legs . Yes, you get the extra credit, Fred said it to Leslie Caron because she was a trained ballet dancer. I love this film, it's one of my favorite musicals.

Thanks Princess and Fausterlitz. Fausterlitz, it's your thread :)

• Like 1

Thanks, Lavender Blue! (and also for not making fun of me for guessing a Gene Kelly movie...immediately after you explicitly said it wasn't him)  🙂

Next:

Kate Winslet was Oscar-nominated for two films in which she played the younger version of a main character.  In both cases, the actress playing the older version (within the same film) was also Oscar-nominated.  None of the actresses ultimately won, however.

Can you name the two films and the actresses involved?

On 2/9/2022 at 6:31 PM, Fausterlitz said:

Thanks, Lavender Blue! (and also for not making fun of me for guessing a Gene Kelly movie...immediately after you explicitly said it wasn't him)  🙂

Next:

Kate Winslet was Oscar-nominated for two films in which she played the younger version of a main character.  In both cases, the actress playing the older version (within the same film) was also Oscar-nominated.  None of the actresses ultimately won, however.

Can you name the two films and the actresses involved?

Iris (2001) with Judi Dench

Titanic (1997) with Gloria Stewart