Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia for the other 98% of us

Kid Dabb

In 1978, a 13-story building (the tallest building in Anaheim at the time) was named after an actress who was a child star in the 1930s and 1940s. The building has since been renamed twice. Who was the actress, and what were the subsequent names of the building?

I suspect that it was named for Bonita Granville because it was her husband, producer and developer Jack Wrather, who was responsible for building the original Disneyland Hotel.  However, I cannot tell you the subsequent names of the hotel.  Perhaps someone else can come up with those names.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

I suspect that it was named for Bonita Granville because it was her husband, producer and developer Jack Wrather, who was responsible for building the original Disneyland Hotel.  However, I cannot tell you the subsequent names of the hotel.  Perhaps someone else can come up with those names.

Nice work, Miles! You are correct! One of the towers of the Disneyland Hotel was named after Bonita Granville.

That particular tower has been renamed twice. I'll see if anyone wants to find the tower's other names.

13 hours ago, _Broadway_ said:

Nice work, Miles! You are correct! One of the towers of the Disneyland Hotel was named after Bonita Granville.

That particular tower has been renamed twice. I'll see if anyone wants to find the tower's other names.

Frontier Tower (formerly Bonita Tower and then Wonder Tower).  Other towers Fantasy Tower (formerly Marina Tower and then Magic Tower), Adventure Tower (formerly Sierra Tower and then Dream Tower).

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 4:00 PM, MilesArcher said:

8 hours ago, _Broadway_ said:

Looks like we have a tie! @MilesArcherand @Peebs ,  you can sort out who goes next!

Thanks, Broadway!  

Miles, would you like to take the thread since you posted first? 

Here's one that should be fairly easy.

Lucille Ball was one of the stars of a movie about a commercial airliner that crashed landed in a jungle.  The director of that picture remade the movie some years later with a new cast.  Who was that director and what were the titles of the movies?

13 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Here's one that should be fairly easy.

Lucille Ball was one of the stars of a movie about a commercial airliner that crashed landed in a jungle.  The director of that picture remade the movie some years later with a new cast.  Who was that director and what were the titles of the movies?

John Farrow directed Back from Eternity (1956) and Five Came Back (1939)

Those are the ones, Peebs.  They were both made at RKO, which was a major studio in the thirties and forties, but they went out of business in the late fifties.  Lucy had been a contract player there for years.  When the studio closed, Lucy and her husband Desi bought the RKO lot and established their company, Desilu Productions, there.  So Lucy went from being a contract player there to owning the whole place.

Peebs, you get to post the next one.  

image.jpegBack from Eternity (RKO, 1956). British Quad (30" X 40"). Drama.. | Lot  #53024 | Heritage Auctions

image.jpeg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

I believe the Skipper's name was Jonas Grumby and the Professor's name was Dr. Roy Hinkley.  

I hope that everyone one these boards had a nice holiday weekend!

teamliberty | 4th of july images, July images, 4th of july gifs

Hope you're enjoying the long weekend too.

Miles, I've got a husband and a wife that's waiting for you.

16 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Hope you're enjoying the long weekend too.

Miles, I've got a husband and a wife that's waiting for you.

That sounds like it might be illegal, at least in some states.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

I believe the Skipper's name was Jonas Grumby and the Professor's name was Dr. Roy Hinkley.  

That's correct!

Back to you, Miles.

Thanks, Miles!

Next:  Beatles Song / Film Title Mashup

All the answers combine the title of a Beatles song (first half) with the title of a movie (second half).  The last word/words of the song match the first word/words of the movie (so there's an overlap). The clue for each example will be the first and last words of the resulting mashup.

For example:  Got / Dog  =  Got to Get You Into My Life as a Dog ("Got to Get You Into My Life" + My Life as a Dog).

There will probably be multiple possible correct answers in some cases, and I'm happy to count anything that still makes grammatical, if not necessarily logical, sense.  (So, Got to Get You Into My Life is Beautiful, for example, would unfortunately NOT count as an answer to Got/ Dog).  Good luck + have fun!  🙂

P. S. all mashups below are listed in alphabetical order, not counting "a" and "the" (second word is the basis for alphabetizing in those cases).  If you find a valid answer that uses a different second word (i.e. that wouldn't fall in the same alpha order), that's fine.

Googling "Beatles song list" may be helpful!

1.  All / Afternoon

2.  Baby / Mancha

3.  A / Blimp

4.  Get / Future

5.  Fixing / Head

6.  A / Lisbon

7.  If / Me

8.  I'm / Enemy

9.  The / Zanzibar

10.  The / Dead

11.  PS / Dupree

12.  Sgt / Outsiders

13.  She's / Influence

14.  She's / Holidays

15.  Tell / Love

16.  Ticket / Country

17.  Why / Perdition

1.  All You Need is Love in the Afternoon

2. Baby You're a Rich Man of La Mancha

3.  A Day in the Life and Death of Colonel Blimp

4.  Get Back to the Future

17.  Why Don't We Do it in the Road to Perdition (My personal favorite mash-up)

• Like 1

6. A Hard Days Night Train to Lisbon

7.  If I Needed Someone to Watch Over Me

8.  I'm Only Sleeping with the Enemy

9.  The Long and Winding Road to Zanzibar

10. The Night Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

11.  PS I Love You Me and Dupree

12.  Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band of Outsiders

13.  She's a Woman Under the Influence

14.  She's Leaving Home for the Holidays

15.  Tell Me Why Do Fools Fall in Love 

16. Ticket to Ride the High Country