11.  Wiseguy (1990) - Goodfellas

12.  The Cut-Wh*re Killings (1992) - Unforgiven

13.  Black Mask (1994) - Pulp Fiction

14.  Coma Guy (1995) - While You Were Sleeping

15.  Wind-Up Heroes (1995) - Toy Story 

Some were obvious, some were not.

5 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Some were obvious, some were not.

My apologies, I forgot this was still hanging out there!  Here are some clues for each of the remaining ones:

4.  Head Cheese (1974) -- classic underground horror film

5.  Anhedonia (1977) -- Oscar-winning romantic comedy (e.g., Best Actress)

6.  Watch the Skies (1977) -- UFOs

8.  Spaceman from Pluto (1985) -- teen travels back in time 30 years

9.  The Body (1986) -- four young boys in 1959

10.  When I Grow Up (1988) -- boy gets his wish, with unexpected consequences

11.  Wiseguy (1990) -- "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?"

12.  The Cut-Wh*re Killings (1992) -- Oscar-winning western

13.  Black Mask (1994) -- Royale with cheese

14.  Coma Guy (1995) -- Sandra Bullock romantic comedy

15.  Wind-Up Heroes (1995) -- classic animated film that later had three sequels

1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

Check my post.  I think I got the ones that Lavender didn't.

Ah, I didn't notice your answers--they were within a quote box that I could only see the top of (#'s 1-3), and which I didn't realize you wanted me to expand.

Yes, you got all the remaining ones!  Great work, Miles, and your thread.  🙂

Fausterlitz, that was quite an involved question.  It was more like "Trivia for 2% of us".  This question will be simpler.

When Carol Burnett had her own variety show in the sixties and seventies, she traditionally had the same guest star on the first episode of each season.  Who was that guest star?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

Fausterlitz, that was quite an involved question.  It was more like "Trivia for 2% of us".  This question will be simpler.

When Carol Burnett had her own variety show in the sixties and seventies, she traditionally had the same guest star on the first episode of each season.  Who was that guest star?

I don't know the answer, but that's never stopped me before. 😲

I only know that she and Jim Nabors were very close and had a lot of fun together.

So my guess is Gomer Pyle/AKA Jim Nabors to start off her TV season.

And what a singer he was.

• Like 1

This classic actress came from a vaudeville background and was quite a tap dancer.

She had a contract with a major studio, and she was also very proficient in straight dramatic roles.

She primarily appeared in westerns and musicals, but also had a lot of credits in classic TV, which, of course, included Perry Mason.😍

Her film career was somewhat cut short due to a self-imposed semi-retirement during her marriage to a legendary Golden Era movie star.

When you identify her, also include at least one of her film credits that you have enjoyed.

23 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

This classic actress came from a vaudeville background and was quite a tap dancer.

She had a contract with a major studio, and she was also very proficient in straight dramatic roles.

She primarily appeared in westerns and musicals, but also had a lot of credits in classic TV, which, of course, included Perry Mason.😍

Her film career was somewhat cut short due to a self-imposed semi-retirement during her marriage to a legendary Golden Era movie star.

When you identify her, also include at least one of her film credits that you have enjoyed.

Hint#1--This actress had a featured role in a '60s film which has become a cult movie. Its popularity has only grown with the years as more recently it was remade and fashioned into a series of films sequels.

Patrice Wymore  ? Her dancing was great in Tea For Two. Errol was her husband. She toured with her parents when she was a little girl. Her parents were vaudeville performers.  She was in the Original Oceans 11, the Ocean movies were the series of films based on the original.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Patrice Wymore  ? Her dancing was great in Tea For Two. Errol was her husband. She toured with her parents when she was a little girl. Her parents were vaudeville performers.  She was in the Original Oceans 11, the Ocean movies were the series of films based on the original.

Lav, that's an excellent answer. And it's not every day that I get to post a question about a Hollywood tap dancer from Kansas who was actually married to a legendary screen idol!

Lav, Now I'm leaving it all up to you....

On 7/24/2022 at 3:51 PM, lavenderblue19 said:

On 7/24/2022 at 6:20 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Lav, that's an excellent answer. And it's not every day that I get to post a question about a Hollywood tap dancer from Kansas who was actually married to a legendary screen idol!

Lav, Now I'm leaving it all up to you....

Lav, I found this one for you.

Thanks, Princess

A legendary actor who starred in a film with an actress advises her against taking the starring role in a TV show. She takes the role and she and the show are a big hit. Who was the actor, the actress the TV show and what was the film they starred in ????

3 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Big guess--Shirley Booth in "Hazel"

She won the Oscar for "Come Back Little Sheba". Her co-star was Burt Lancaster who gave her that bad advice.

That's the film, Come Back Little Sheba and yes, good thing Shirley Booth didn't take Burt Lancaster's advice on this. She made her fortune on Hazel. Excellent guess Princess,  your thread.

• Thanks 1

Sometimes a beginner in show business is fortunate enough to be mentored or sponsored by an older and more experienced professional. You might be surprised who helped whom without which that performer may have never been a success.

Identify the mentor or sponsor. And remember a protege can become a mentor later in life.

1) Spencer Tracy

2) Louis Hayward

3) William Holden

X4) Andy Williams

5) The Beatles

6) Eleanor Powell

7) Van Johnson

😎 Ocho)Katharine Hepburn

X9) Sally Forrest

10) Tony Bennett

X11) Leslie Caron

X12) Tippi Hedren

31 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

4.  Wonderful Kay Thompson was Andy William's mentor.

7.  Maybe Lucille Ball  was Van Johnson 's mentor ?

9. Ida Lupino was Sally Forrest's mentor ?

11  Gene Kelly was Leslie Caron 's mentor ?

12. Hitchcock was Tippi's mentor ?

Don't think so with Lucille Ball. There was another actor who helped Van Johnson to have his first big break by protecting him professionally when he had some serious difficulties.

Lav, You've got 4 so far and

Kay Thompson was, indeed, very wonderful!

7. Spencer Tracy helped Van Johnson ?

Do you mean when Spencer Tracy insisted that production be held up until Van Johnson could return to work on A Guy Named Joe, Van had a serious car accident  and needed time to heal, without Spencer Tracy's backing Van up he would have been fired ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Sometimes a beginner in show business is fortunate enough to be mentored or sponsored by an older and more experienced professional. You might be surprised who helped whom without which that performer may have never been a success.

Identify the mentor or sponsor. And remember a protege can become a mentor later in life.

1) Spencer Tracy

2) Louis Hayward

3) William Holden

X4) Andy Williams

5) The Beatles

6) Eleanor Powell

7) XVan Johnson

😎 Ocho)Katharine Hepburn

X9) Sally Forrest

10) Tony Bennett

X11) Leslie Caron

X12) Tippi Hedren

5 down and 7 to go

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings