Find results in...

Trivia for the other 98% of us

Kid Dabb

On 8/13/2022 at 7:23 PM, lavenderblue19 said:

1. CAREFREE

5.  FUNNY FACE

HOPEFULLY SOME OF THE FRED FANS AND MUSICAL FANS WILL PLAY

12 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

Princess, I've been waiting several days for someone to finish answering the question, but no one has come forward, so here goes.

2) Movie Producer - Silk Stockings

3) Fighter Pilot - The Sky's The Limit

4) Songwriter - Three Little Words

6) College Trumpet Player - Second Chorus 

For Fred Astaire fans, it's an easy question.

That's also why I only answered 2

Too bad, the posters who say they love Fred and musicals didn't  play 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

Princess, I've been waiting several days for someone to finish answering the question, but no one has come forward, so here goes.

2) Movie Producer - Silk Stockings

3) Fighter Pilot - The Sky's The Limit

4) Songwriter - Three Little Words

6) College Trumpet Player - Second Chorus 

For Fred Astaire fans, it's an easy question.

Miles, Don't you think you should pass and let some of these new people get into these questions?

Maybe they have subjects that are more current that they would like to post.

We old boomers maybe should just give them a break, what do you think?

(BTW--I tried to PM you, but your account must be full up.)😁

23 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Miles, Don't you think you should pass and let some of these new people get into these questions?

Maybe they have subjects that are more current that they would like to post.

We old boomers maybe should just give them a break, what do you think?

(BTW--I tried to PM you, but your account must be full up.)😁

However, Shutoo. Peebs and  occassionally Fauserlitz and Star are our age and yet they are not playing these threads even though they use to. I find that puzzling, well, maybe not so puzzling . 

1 minute ago, lavenderblue19 said:

However, Shutoo. Peebs and  occassionally Fauserlitz and Star are our age and yet they are not playing these threads even though they use to. I find that puzzling, well, maybe not so puzzling . 

Well, I think we've done a really good job in trying to use all of our interests and experiences. But maybe nobody else is interested in stuff  that we like. Right now I'm rewatching WB TV series like 77 Sunset Strip, Bourbon Street Beat and Surfside 6.😍

Lav, I still think there are some other younger, newer people a foot. But we can soldier on.😀

Princess,  You posted the question on Saturday.  I could have posted my answer then, but I waited three days hoping for someone else to finish the answer.  It became apparent to me that no one was stepping forward, so I finished it off.  If You, Lavender, and I all leave the thread open, I'm afraid it will just remain dormant for a very long time.  I wish we had a way of recruiting trivia players, but maybe some will try answering soon.  Here is what I consider a rather easy question.  Let's see if someone gets it in the next day or so.

The TV show "The Partridge Family" was based on a real family and their band which had the mother and the kids performing.  Who was that family? 

On 8/17/2022 at 1:28 AM, MilesArcher said:

Princess,  You posted the question on Saturday.  I could have posted my answer then, but I waited three days hoping for someone else to finish the answer.  It became apparent to me that no one was stepping forward, so I finished it off.  If You, Lavender, and I all leave the thread open, I'm afraid it will just remain dormant for a very long time.  I wish we had a way of recruiting trivia players, but maybe some will try answering soon.  Here is what I consider a rather easy question.  Let's see if someone gets it in the next day or so.

The TV show "The Partridge Family" was based on a real family and their band which had the mother and the kids performing.  Who was that family? 

Hint:  One of their big hits was the title song from the Broadway show "Hair".  

You are correct, Uncle Charlie.  The Cowsills were a family musical group from Rhode Island.  Some of their other hits included "Indian Lake" and "The Rain, The Park, And Other Things".  They also provided the theme music for "Love American Style" for the first season of the show.

The Cowsills rose to fame thanks to mother, served as inspiration for the  Partridge Family - Villages-News.com 

Uncle Charlie,  it's good to see that you survived that fall from the train.  Nice work.  You get to post the next question.

Thanks. It’s been a few years (or a decade) since I’ve been involved with the trivia boards or posed a question so bear with me.

Who lived at the following addresses:

1. 485 Appleton Drive, then 211 Pine

2. 148 Bonny Meadow Lane

3. 1313 Mockingbird Lane

4. 1049 Park Avenue 

5. 607 South Maple Street 

27 minutes ago, uncle charlie said:

Thanks. It’s been a few years (or a decade) since I’ve been involved with the trivia boards or posed a question so bear with me.

Who lived at the following addresses:

1. 485 Appleton Drive, then 211 Pine

2. 148 Bonny Meadow Lane

3. 1313 Mockingbird Lane

4. 1049 Park Avenue 

5. 607 South Maple Street 

Welcome back Uncle Charlie

2. 148 Bonny Meadow Lane -  The Dick Van Dyke Show - Rob, Laurie and Richie Petrie lived there

4. 1049 Park Avenue  -  The Odd Couple - Oscar and Felix lived there

5. 607 South Maple Street - Father Knows Best - Jim, Margaret,  Betty, Bud and Kathy Anderson lived there 

????

Thanks Uncle Charlie

Next 

This actor was in a successful tv comedy in the 1960's, another successful comedy series in the 1970's  and another in the late 1970's into the late 1980's. In the first 2 tv shows he was not billed as the lead but was part of the cast. In the last tv show, he was billed as the lead. What were his 3 hit tv shows and who was he ???? Extra credit for the names of the Oscar winner in one show and the Oscar nominee in another show ????

The first comedy in the 1960's starring an Oscar winner ( he's  not the one the question is about ) was on ABC,  the 2nd hit show starring an Oscar nominee ( again, not the one the question is about ) in the 1970's was on CBS,  the 3rd hit show 1970's - 1980's that this actor had the starring role in was on ABC

It must be Gavin MacLeod.  In the sixties he was one of the crew in "McHale's Navy" which starred Oscar winner Ernest Borgnine.  In the seventies he played Murray Slaughter, the news writer on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show".  Mary was an Oscar nominee.  The last show, where he was billed as the lead was "The Love Boat" where he played Captain Merrill Stubing. 

It's funny that I thought of this answer after seeing Mary Tyler Moore in an episode of "Wanted: Dead Or Alive" just this afternoon.  She played a saloon girl.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

It must be Gavin MacLeod.  In the sixties he was one of the crew in "McHale's Navy" which starred Oscar winner Ernest Borgnine.  In the seventies he played Murray Slaughter, the news writer on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show".  Mary was an Oscar nominee.  The last show, where he was billed as the lead was "The Love Boat" where he played Captain Merrill Stubing. 

It's funny that I thought of this answer after seeing Mary Tyler Moore in an episode of "Wanted: Dead Or Alive" just this afternoon.  She played a saloon girl.

Thanks Miles you got it all. It's  interesting l had already posted this question and then I watched a program about The Love Boat. They interviewed quite a few asking about Gavin MacLeod, everyone raved about working with him, especially Mary Tyler Moore]. I remember all the boys in my elementary school class watched McHale's, not so much the girls. Everyone watched the MTM show, Murray was a great character. The Love Boat was a fun show, especially when all the golden age actors would show up. Ginger Rogers, Ann Miller, Ethel Merman, Ernest Borgnine, Van Johnson, the list goes on and on.

Great thinking Miles, your thread.

This next one might be fun and fairly easy.  Here are photos of celebrities with geographical names.  That is, somewhere in their name is the name of a city, a state, or some other place.  Can you name them?

1.  image.jpeg.ebf26f547673c3a1da578e7b72d1046e.jpeg 

2.  image.jpeg.4b56b144230b89bac5e831c1023e9ac1.jpeg 

3.  Howdy Doody Star Buffalo Bob Smith Children's TV icon Vintage 8x10 Photo |  eBay 

4.  image.jpeg.4a0ef90c6b0ced62dee8b015498a0895.jpeg 

5.  image.jpeg.49c939a1028ea7eb0881568474fc2301.jpeg 

6.  Joe Montana Asked To Name NFL's GOAT After Tom Brady's Retirement - The  Spun: What's Trending In The Sports World Today 

7.  image.jpeg.c3b62814faac1d635131ffaacc4fd7fa.jpeg 

8.  image.jpeg.6a54b961852ae61f0d659c1dd5a1c033.jpeg 

9.  Cuba Gooding Jr. | Disney Wiki | Fandom 

10.  UA Alumna Savannah Guthrie Named Co-Anchor of 'Today' | University of  Arizona News 

11.  image.jpeg.22f4bf6868457fc13087c5f546231cb8.jpeg 

12.  TENNESSEE TUXEDO | Old cartoon characters, Old cartoons, Classic cartoon  characters 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings