Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia for the other 98% of us

Kid Dabb

These two actors were long-time friends.  One of them spent his last years in a nursing facility due to Alzheimer's.  When his friend, who was an Oscar winning actor, came to visit him, he, the friend, suffered a stroke from which he never recovered.  

Who were the two actors?

4 hours ago, starliteyes said:

These two actors were long-time friends.  One of them spent his last years in a nursing facility due to Alzheimer's.  When his friend, who was an Oscar winning actor, came to visit him, he, the friend, suffered a stroke from which he never recovered.  

Who were the two actors?

Burt Lancaster had a stroke while visiting Dana Andrews who was in a facility suffering from Alzheimers. Burt never recovered and passed away 3 years later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

This is my first inclination, and watching her on TV I thought I might want to be a nun at one time. Loretta Young?

Good guess but not Loretta however, Loretta and this actress were good friends and sure that Loretta did influence this actresses decision to convert to Catholicism .

Here's another clue, the actress starred in a nightime tv show many years after winning her Oscar

1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Good guess but not Loretta however, Loretta and this actress were good friends and sure that Loretta did influence this actresses decision to convert to Catholicism .

Here's another clue, the actress starred in a nightime tv show many years after winning her Oscar

Forgot to quote you, Jane Wyman--totally uncharacteristic of her in my opinion.

51 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Forgot to quote you, Jane Wyman--totally uncharacteristic of her in my opinion.

There are quite a few articles discussing Jane Wyman's genuine devotion to her faith. You might want to read the Catholic Register article on Jane, I found the info intetesting and worthy of a trivia question.

Your thread Princess

• Thanks 1

Next:

This stand-up comedian made a name for himself in night clubs with blue material. A lot of his stuff sold on record, and much was sold through mail order because some record stores wouldn't carry it. 

Late in life he became a TV Superstar in a beloved classic sitcom.

Also he appeared in comedy movies, which were few, but memorable.

Sandwiched in between his legendary TV sitcom, he was a fixture in Las Vegas as their resident stand up comic.

4 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Next:

This stand-up comedian made a name for himself in night clubs with blue material. A lot of his stuff sold on record, and much was sold through mail order because some record stores wouldn't carry it. 

Late in life he became a TV Superstar in a beloved classic sitcom.

Also he appeared in comedy movies, which were few, but memorable.

Sandwiched in between his legendary TV sitcom, he was a fixture in Las Vegas as their resident stand up comic.

Redd Foxx ?  He starred in Sanford and Son

Some of his films were All The Fine Cannibals and Cotton Cones To Harlem ?????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Thanks Princess

Next

Awhile back, the TCM hosts named their favorite actresses in a promo that was shown on TCM

Who did Eddie Muller say is his favorite actress ?

I don't know. But I think the best noir actress is Lizabeth Scott. Maybe Eddie thinks so too.☺️

3 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I don't know. But I think the best noir actress is Lizabeth Scott. Maybe Eddie thinks so too.☺️

Good guess. But surprisingly it's not a noir actress. 

Another clue, although she has been in dramas. a western , thrillers, she's best known for  comedies and musical comedies 

5 hours ago, Evette said:

I read once that Gloria Grahame was his favorite actress, however, she did not have an Oscar nomination in the late 1950's. 

Is the actress Doris Day?

Doris is the one Eddie mentions in the promo as his favorite.. 

I also read that when asked who was his favorite NOIR actress, he did say Gloria, but during the promo it's  Doris Day that he says is his favorite actress.  

Very good Evette, it's your turn.

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings