Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The force is upon us again...

NipkowDisc

Whoa. Star Wars geriatric style?

Max Von Sydow is also joining this nursing home cast?

Will they be the old man in the room alone from 2001 and then die and turn into the new and lovely people? Who in the current movie audience is going to watch these assisted living actors?

Good grief. :blink:

with the announcement that Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher will be reprising their roles in STAR WARS 7.

Will they be the old man in the room alone from 2001 and then die and turn into the new and lovely people? Who in the current movie audience is going to watch these assisted living actors?

John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, and Domhnall Gleeson, are also in the cast. Sounds like the original three (Ford, Hamill and Fisher) are not the primary focus of the film.

As for Sydow, Alec Guinness wasn't exactly young when he starred as Ben Kenobi and that worked out just fine.

• Like 1

Not intending to sound mean( or, maybe I am...), but is Fisher going to reprise her PRINCESS LEAH role, or JABA THE HUT?

Sepiatone

She is much too old now I'm afraid but back in '83 she was one fine-looking slave chick. :)

post-41875-0-49606800-1398971565_thumb.jpg

post-41875-0-49606800-1398971565_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Luke, Leia and Han are not the focus of the story.  

The central roles in the new STAR WARS movie are played by younger actors.

DAISY-RIDLEY1.jpg

Daisy Ridley

Adam_Driver_36095.jpg

Adam Driver (Emmy nominated for his role on GIRLS) 

freebie%20five%2007jan13%2001.jpg

Oscar Isaac

John+Boyega.jpg

John Boyega

They will be youngters compared to Spock in the Star Trek reboot. LOL!

Leonard-Nimoy-in-Star-Tre-001.jpg

Adam_Driver_36095.jpg

Adam Driver (Emmy nominated for his role on GIRLS) 

So, this Adam Driver kid....any relation to Sam Waterston???

samw1.png

(...when Sam was but a pup TOO, of course)

(...AND which reminds me...I've GOT to re-start that "Lookalikes" thread soon)

So, this Adam Driver kid....any relation to Sam Waterston???

I don't think Adam Driver and Sam Waterston are related, but I happened see a very young Sam Waterston on THREE when it aired on TCM recently. I was surprised at how thin he looked.

Can you spell CRAP?  I am so tired of this endless recycling of sci-fi and fantasy and super hero junk that the loons in Hollywood keep churning out. Almost 4 decades now of this drivel.

Can you spell CRAP?  I am so tired of this endless recycling of sci-fi and fantasy and super hero junk that the loons in Hollywood keep churning out. Almost 4 decades now of this drivel.

The "kids" like it , so it makes money. The loons are loony all the way to the bank.

Hollywood also "churned out" swashbuckler stories and gangster movies for years because, like the sci-fi, fantasy and super hero movies of today, they were great money makers with a pretty much guaranteed audience. These movies were also viewed as "drivel" and "crap" by some audience members at the time of their release.

The producers then and now could hardly be characterized as "loons" since they very rationally  were offering products with great returns on their investments. 

I love the original movie- which blew me away when I saw it the first time- one of my all time favorite cinema eperiences.   The sequels/prequels have never matched the original- Abrams did do an excellent job re-booting "Star TreK"  so let's see what if the Force is with him.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings