Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

James Mason

manderstoke

Well, once again Mr. Mason, who was born on the 15th of this month, is being ignored.  It is depressing to watch lesser (much lesser) "talents" be honored and gushed over.  Hollywood didn't know what to do with the original film antihero, and it still hasn't  acknowledged his acting genius.  Too bad that TCM appears to be of the same mind.  The best TCM can do is play for the umpteenth time a movie in which his screentime totals 21 minutes.  Yes, I am referring to North By Northwest, hardly a Mason movie.

Well, once again Mr. Mason, who was born on the 15th of this month, is being ignored.  It is depressing to watch lesser (much lesser) "talents" be honored and gushed over.  Hollywood didn't know what to do with the original film antihero, and it still hasn't  acknowledged his acting genius.  Too bad that TCM appears to be of the same mind.  The best TCM can do is play for the umpteenth time a movie in which his screentime totals 21 minutes.  Yes, I am referring to North By Northwest, hardly a Mason movie.

Amen!  He was brilliant, wasn't he, and had such a special quality.  Not to mention that voice!  I'd love to see him honored on TCM.

• 4 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings