Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wizard of Oz in Widescreen

AreaMan

I'm not sure I get the point of this. You've cherry-picked some good scenes, but if you're seriously suggesting it would be a good idea to alter the original this way, I vote no. There was a "widescreen" release of Gone With The Wind back in the day and it was ill-advised, to say the least. (But you've framed your choices very well.)

no, it won't work.  They did widescreen to GWTW and it was not good.  the aspect ratio was off, and parts of the frame were cut out.  The widescreen GWTW disappeared forever, thank goodness. 

Now, I enjoyed the 3D WIZARD OF OZ immensely! that was truly wonderful.  perhaps gwtw should get the same treatment.

Now, I enjoyed the 3D WIZARD OF OZ immensely! that was truly wonderful.  perhaps gwtw should get the same treatment.

Really?

Thud_svime%20av.gif

You need to see TWOZ projected on 35mm film, the new restoration is truly spectacular. Projecting digitally with post 3D adaptation looks exactly like watching at home on your big TV.

I find really good quality film, along with great lighting creates a more three dimensional illusion than any post 3D fiddling with glasses. B&W films even more so.

I did't cherry-pick; I was restricted to using only scenes where the camera moved in a certain way. Those 1000+ pixel wide images are camera pan sequences that I assembled in Photoshop. They allow one to see the scenes in a way that hasn't been seen since they filmed them.

I stand corrected that these are manipulated images and not ones which were actually in the film. Your technique is interesting from an artistic standpoint and I'm sorry if I incorrectly assumed you were advocating a widescreen release of the movie. It would have helped if you had stated your purpose in the original post.  I'd be interested in seeing more if you're still willing.