Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cant Remember this movie title

I for the life of me can not find the movie that I had seen around christmas this past year. It was on TCM or AMC. It was from the 40's or 50's and the premise was a rich widow came to New York to find someone to give some of her fortune to. She is an older woman from somewhere in Europe. She finds this little motel or something of the like that she stays at and meets this girl who works at a Huge Department Store as a Demo Girl. She ends up having her lawyer friend give her the Million Dollars (or so) under the condition the girl can never know it was the old woman. But in the end the girl finds out and confronts the old woman who is wanting to ultimately bring the girl into the "Rich World".

Any ideas on which movie this could be?

Were there commercials?  I'm not being flippant, because TCM doesn't have commercials.  Neither does the Fox movie channel at night, when they show movies from their library.  AMC and other channels that show older movies (like METV and Antenna) show commercials.  This will help a lot in identifying the movie.

Were there commercials?  I'm not being flippant, because TCM doesn't have commercials.  Neither does the Fox movie channel at night, when they show movies from their library.  AMC and other channels that show older movies (like METV and Antenna) show commercials.  This will help a lot in identifying the movie.

I don't think there were any commercials. Just straight on through movie 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings