Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Curved 4K Ultra HD

NipkowDisc

Looking thru the sunday newspaper ad supplements at the new TVs mostly I see these new curved screen 4K UltraHD units and can't help but wonder how a TCM smilebox presentation would look on them. p.s. sorry for the double post, it just happened. ;)

post-41875-0-40999700-1399221369_thumb.jpg

post-41875-0-40999700-1399221369_thumb.jpg

Ya know.. I believe television is one invention that has had a very large and ever increasing impact on society since it's implementation. Not the greatest invention, mind you.. the most influential - with PCs pulling a close second and closing fast.

But.. there ain't no way I'm even considerin' payin' $2500-$5000 for a TV with a warped screen. No sir!

Once they let loose true holographic displays, none of this will be worth a hoot in a holler. You tell 'em Anj.. Go on. Tell 'em.

Ya know.. I believe television is one invention that has had a very large and ever increasing impact on society since it's implementation. Not the greatest invention, mind you.. the most influential - with PCs pulling a close second and closing fast.

But.. there ain't no way I'm even considerin' payin' $2500-$5000 for a TV with a warped screen. No sir!

Once they let loose true holographic displays, none of this will be worth a hoot in a holler. You tell 'em Anj.. Go on. Tell 'em.

Well...here at the rock we have several rules, Memorize them in your sleep to avoid any future anguish, the first rule is...obey all rules!...

post-41875-0-57574500-1399239887_thumb.jpg

post-41875-0-57574500-1399239887_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looking thru the sunday newspaper ad supplements at the new TVs mostly I see these new curved screen 4K UltraHD units and can't help but wonder how a TCM smilebox presentation would look on them. p.s. sorry for the double post, it just happened. ;)

Final nail in the cinema's coffin.  Why go? Small screen, digital projection, bland surroundings and over price snacks.

Nothing can really simulate the louvered, deep curved screen of Cinerama which was billed 3D without Glasses.

Final nail in the cinema's coffin.  Why go? Small screen, digital projection, bland surroundings and over price snacks.

Nothing can really simulate the louvered, deep curved screen of Cinerama which was billed 3D without Glasses.

What about that magazine rack in Gail Wynand's (Raymond Massey) office in The Fountainhead? :P

post-41875-0-94562500-1399271109_thumb.jpg

post-41875-0-94562500-1399271109_thumb.jpg

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings