Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In character with Phil Silvers

TopBilled

It is very odd for me that you choose that subject line! I have for reasons unknown mentally linked Phil Silvers with Harvey Korman as if they were the same person at different ages. The reason that your subject line is so very odd for me is that the most recent episode of: Warehouse 13 had as a plot point that they used Harvey Korman's cuff links so that they would not remain in character when they were transported into a movie. The explanation for it is that Harvey Korman could not stay in character in skits on: The Carol Burnett Show and his cuff links had absorbed that and they passed the trait to any who held them. 

I hope that is not incomprehensible. Any who have watched: Warehouse 13 will understand how artifacts embody powers and traits. I fear it is meaningless to any who are not aware of the programme. 

I have not seen "Warehouse 13" for a while, but yes, I understand the premise.

Phil Silvers is a long time favorite of mine.  Knew of him basically from TV;  SGT. BILKO,  guest appearances on other shows over the years.  He perfected the "fast talking con man" persona.  I also remember seeing TOP BANANA on TV when I was very young.  Yeah, the amount of movies he made "back in the day" surprised me, too. 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

1ps.png

Is anyone else enjoying the morning of Phil Silvers movies on TCM?  I didn't realize he made so many films during the golden age of Hollywood.  I think he is fabulous in A THOUSAND AND ONE NIGHTS.  

I like the confidence (con) man he played in "The Beverly Hillbillies".  One of my favorite quotes is he told the Clampetts Manhattan means man with hat on.  :lol: 

silvers_hillbillies_1970.jpg

I like the confidence (con) man he played in "The Beverly Hillbillies".  One of my favorite quotes is he told the Clampetts Manhattan means man with hat on.  :lol: 

silvers_hillbillies_1970.jpg

Honest John, descerner of Manhattan and seller of the staten island ferry to Jed. :lol:

I have not seen "Warehouse 13" for a while, but yes, I understand the premise.

Phil Silvers is a long time favorite of mine.  Knew of him basically from TV;  SGT. BILKO,  guest appearances on other shows over the years.  He perfected the "fast talking con man" persona.  I also remember seeing TOP BANANA on TV when I was very young.  Yeah, the amount of movies he made "back in the day" surprised me, too. 

Sepiatone

Silvers was also a good friend of "What's My Line?" who would frequently step in as a last-minute mystery guest when the scheduled mystery guest had to cancel.