Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help! I am being held captive in the TCM Programs forum!

slaytonf

I think even after so short a time it should be obvious that segregating discussion of TCM Programs to a separate forum isn't working.  The idle chit-chat forum is more active.  Almost every topic in the forum has a parallel, and more active, topic in this General Discussion forum.  Perhaps eliminating the many sub-forums would make navigating this desert less tedious and encourage more participation, but I doubt it. It might be more humane to consider ending this experiment quietly rather than let it die a lingering pathetic death.

I think even after so short a time it should be obvious that segregating discussion of TCM Programs to a separate forum isn't working.  The idle chit-chat forum is more active.  Almost every topic in the forum has a parallel, and more active, topic in this General Discussion forum.  Perhaps eliminating the many sub-forums would make navigating this desert less tedious and encourage more participation, but I doubt it. It might be more humane to consider ending this experiment quietly rather than let it die a lingering pathetic death.

I'm not surprised that "Idle chit-chat" is so active. Most of my life is consumed by idle chit-chat.

I do love that I now always know where to go when I want to find complete lists of SOTM, SUTS and Essentials honorees. In years past, when I would periodically get an itch to look up that sort of thing, it would take hours to find on the Message Boards, if I could at all.

Beyond that, I understand exactly what you're saying, slaytonf. I think the people behind the grand redesign imagined that the new Programs Forum would be an active, lively place, and it just isn't. And what is curious now is if they'll attempt to force it to be. For example: when 31 Days of Oscar rolls around next February, which will be for the first time since the big relaunch, and everyone starts posting about how much they hate 31 Days, and how they're going to sleep through the whole 31 Days, and oh my God, 31 Days is showing a movie that came out after 1980, the world is coming to an end, this is why TCM is doomed to die and why TCM will never, ever be as good as it was in Aught One, dagnab it ... and everyone posts those threads here in the General Forum because they've never even looked at the Programs forum, will Web administrators arbitrarily move all those posts over there? I think that would be a bad idea, because far fewer people will ever be aware these posts were ever made because they will never see them.

I do love that I now always know where to go when I want to find complete lists of SOTM, SUTS and Essentials honorees. In years past, when I would periodically get an itch to look up that sort of thing, it would take hours to find on the Message Boards, if I could at all.

Beyond that, I understand exactly what you're saying, slaytonf. I think the people behind the grand redesign imagined that the new Programs Forum would be an active, lively place, and it just isn't. And what is curious now is if they'll attempt to force it to be. For example: when 31 Days of Oscar rolls around next February, which will be for the first time since the big relaunch, and everyone starts posting about how much they hate 31 Days, and how they're going to sleep through the whole 31 Days, and oh my God, 31 Days is showing a movie that came out after 1980, the world is coming to an end, this is why TCM is doomed to die and why TCM will never, ever be as good as it was in Aught One, dagnab it ... and everyone posts those threads here in the General Forum because they've never even looked at the Programs forum, will Web administrators arbitrarily move all those posts over there? I think that would be a bad idea, because far fewer people will ever be aware these posts were ever made because they will never see them.

Correct, it would be a bad idea. I like that Hot Topics is here now, e.g., and btw, you're quite right on this, 31 Days is torture...........

and everyone starts posting about how much they hate 31 Days, and how they're going to sleep through the whole 31 Days, and oh my God, 31 Days is showing a movie that came out after 1980, the world is coming to an end, this is why TCM is doomed to die and why TCM will never, ever be as good as it was in Aught One, dagnab it

Hilarious. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings