Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's up with the CENSOR?

Sepiatone

Just minutes ago, I posted a reply in the "Older stars" thread, and used the term "Pencil N e c k e d geeks"  When I posted it, the censor "starred" out the word, N E C K E D.  I had typed it without spacing.

So, I went back in by clicking on the "edit" tab and asked in a PS as to WHY.  And then I clicked "save changes".

When it took me back to my post, THE PS WASN'T THERE!!

WHAT GIVES???

Sepiatone

Weird - I read your post and then clicked on "General Discussions" to get back to the forum. Your post was listed as not having had any views - yet I had just read it!

Thus, I'm posting this just to confirm that you and I do exist - and not in The Twilight Zone.

The censor is ever vigilant. MOU-H is banned. Also abbreviations: LM-O is also banned......

While I have NO idea about the former here Hibi, I'm goin' go out on a limb here and guess that maybe Will Hays' grandson programmed that "A" from the latter because of that thread you started some time back about your boy Brent!

Yep, maybe HE'S a big fan of George's backside TOO, and thus doesn't particularly care for the idea of ANYBODY laughin' their you-know-what off!!!  ;)

(...though as I said, this is ONLY a guess!!!) 

Pencil-nacked geeks? That strikes close to home. A guy once yelled out his car window that I was a pencil-**** m***** f*****.

So tell us more about this time you cutoff Freddie Blassie in traffic, finance!

(...we're all ears!!!) ;)

• Like 1

Doody

This has been a test of the emergency potty **** system. Had this been a real emergency, a nun would have popped out of your closet and smacked your on the knuckles with a a ruler.

Proud to say I had one of the sadistic penguins do just that to me in grammar school. It wasn't until living through 12 years of the abusing monsters that I was able to free myself of them and the organization that made them that way.

Told you about the punishment I got from a priest (escalated by a frustrated nun), for doing who knows what, of learning the Our Father in Latin? Still remember it to this day. Went back for a grammar school reunion a few years ago and the sadistic priest was in a home, where I could have gone and asked him what it was I did that merited so severe a punishment. Wishing them all the worst. :D :D :D

So tell us more about this time you cutoff Freddie Blassie in traffic, finance!

(...we're all ears!!!) ;)

I was actually a pedestrian. I believe I gave him a dirty look when he was stopped at a red light too far up. Sort of like Ratso Rizzo's "I'm walkin' here, I'm walkin' here".

I was actually a pedestrian. I believe I gave him a dirty look when he was stopped at a red light too far up. Sort of like Ratso Rizzo's "I'm walkin' here, I'm walkin' here".

Yeah...and so what kind of car was Freddie drivin' that day, HUH?!

(...you just NEVER go into any details around here, do ya!!!) ;)

Pencil-nacked geeks? That strikes close to home. A guy once yelled out his car window that I was a pencil-**** m***** f*****.

But you are, Blanche, you are!

(just kidding, but I thought the quote would be humorous here)

I wish someone would censor the Caps Lock key on my keyboard.

WHOA now, Kid! Please don't tell me you're ALSO thinkin' it might be a "good idea" to have 'em start censoring parentheses TOO?!!!

(...as this would be a world I wouldn't wish to live in!)  ;)

While I have NO idea about the former here Hibi, I'm goin' go out on a limb here and guess that maybe Will Hays' grandson programmed that "A" from the latter because of that thread you started some time back about your boy Brent!

Yep, maybe HE'S a big fan of George's backside TOO, and thus doesn't particularly care for the idea of ANYBODY laughin' their you-know-what off!!!   ;)

(...though as I said, this is ONLY a guess!!!)

LOL. Food for thought..............

Proud to say I had one of the sadistic penguins do just that to me in grammar school. It wasn't until living through 12 years of the abusing monsters that I was able to free myself of them and the organization that made them that way.

Told you about the punishment I got from a priest (escalated by a frustrated nun), for doing who knows what, of learning the Our Father in Latin? Still remember it to this day. Went back for a grammar school reunion a few years ago and the sadistic priest was in a home, where I could have gone and asked him what it was I did that merited so severe a punishment. Wishing them all the worst. :D:D:D

LOL. I can relate (I went to 12 grades of Catholic School) So you had to learn the Our Father in Latin??? ROUGH!

• Like 1

Neck.

Hmm, apparently it's the adding of an ed that drives it into forbiddance.

Yes, I'm sure that's what sends the censor into an uproar. And the things you can do with your ****! SHEESH.

Whoops! I meant MOUT-!!

LOL. I can relate (I went to 12 grades of Catholic School) So you had to learn the Our Father in Latin??? ROUGH!

ROUGH! Oh yes. Pater noster qui est in celis, sanctificelum nomen tuum (sp?)...........or words to that effect, from memory.

Still, I would love to know what I did! :rolleyes:

ROUGH! Oh yes. Pater noster qui est in celis, sanctificelum nomen tuum (sp?)...........or words to that effect, from memory.

Still, I would love to know what I did! :rolleyes:

LOL. I imagine you can probably remember it almost verbatim still.......

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings