Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERATION WAR

roverrocks

I bought the German series/movie GENERATION WAR on DVD and watched it yesterday.  A very powerful evocative drama following five young wartime Germans (men and women) from 1941 on the eve of the massive German invasion of the Soviet Union through the war's end in late 1945 when the traumatized group meets up again in the shattered aftermath of Germany.  One must remember when viewing this that it takes historical license with many issues from that period but raises stark questions to be thought about.  A very powerful well-made well-acted novelized slice of war/death/nationalism/brutality/guilt/racism/naivete/complicity.  Very worth watching if you get the chance.  The film is in subtitled German.  Reminds me in parts of this movie of Brando's THE YOUNG LIONS characterization.  I will watch GENERATION WAR again to reflect on it more.  As I am a person of German American extraction whose father fought in WW2 as a young  American Army Air Force officer one realizes that he could have been born in Germany instead and fought with the German/Nazi forces.  Such are the accidents of birthplace.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings