Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Child Star match?

Rick2400

The other day I was discussing child stars of the '30's and '40's with someone, and a crazy thought came to mind...

Virginia Weidler and Bobby Jordan - would they have made for a good pair?

Rick,

I wish I had seen this the other day. We've actually discussed something close to this at the VWRS Facebook page. We were wondering about possible roles the teen Virginia could have played once she left MGM and being the girl who needs help from the Bowery Boys and keeps them on the correct side of the law at the same time was one of the scenarios. The fact that Ginny actually DID make films with both Leo Gorcey (she punched him out) and Bobby Jordan (she kicked him) gives us an idea how such a matchup might have gone.

tumblr_inline_n3ef8zeoRf1s6lxse.gif

• Like 1

Although I don't think she ever punched or kicked him (like she did to Leo Gorcey and Bobby Jordan), another Bowery Boy with whom Virginia Weidler appeared was Bennie Bartlett. They were in three movies together:

TIMOTHY'S QUEST (1936)

MAID OF SALEM (1937)

THE GREAT MAN VOTES (1939).

Bartlett was in two East Side Kids movies and as a Bowery Boy, in over 20 in that series.

Although I don't think she ever punched or kicked him (like she did to Leo Gorcey and Bobby Jordan), another Bowery Boy with whom Virginia Weidler appeared was Bennie Bartlett. They were in three movies together:

TIMOTHY'S QUEST (1936)

MAID OF SALEM (1937)

THE GREAT MAN VOTES (1939).

Bartlett was in two East Side Kids movies and as a Bowery Boy, in over 20 in that series.

I never think of Bennie as a Bowery Boy for some reason, but even when they weren't in films together he and Virginia were constantly in photo shoots together.

post-37491-0-84759700-1400798171_thumb.jpg