Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM App Suddenly Stopped Working Today

Stu3

Hey all:  Is the TCM mobile app still working?  Been using it fine for the last 3 months and all of a sudden today (Saturday) I am getting "Unable to play this video.  User not authorized Error - <notAuthorized/>.

I can log in fine using my Charter username and password. 

Trying to watch at my home away from home.  So I am not actually in my house.  In a hotel room.

But it has worked great for 3 months.

Anyone else having trouble today?

31 views and not one person can help me out?  Does anybody use TCM on an iPad or other mobile device and watch while away from their home network?

I'm not looking for a thesis on what might be wrong.  Just a plain old "working fine for me Stu" would be fine.

As an aside, tech support for TCM is non existent.  Other than my cable provider, who can you call for help?  Does the TCM staff ever monitor this site and jump in when people need help?

Hi Stu

This app has frequently been out of order. There are a couple of threads concerning your problem in the Problems with TCM.com Forum at the bottom of the Forum Home Page but, as with yours, there have yet to be any responses to their pleas for help.

Sometimes.. sometimes, all it takes is to remove and reinstall the app. You might get lucky that way.

I wish I had an answer

Guest TCMModerator1

Hi All,

There was a blip with the app last Thursday but this has now been corrected.

If you continue to see issues, please use this thread to supply us with as many details as possible to we can try and recreate it.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Forgive me for hijacking a thread, but the Cornered film has been unplayable on the app this week on both iOS and Android. Other films work fine. I thought I'd try to reach out in case this is a symptom of a larger problem. The film should expire tomorrow.

Guest TCMModerator1

Forgive me for hijacking a thread, but the Cornered film has been unplayable on the app this week on both iOS and Android. Other films work fine. I thought I'd try to reach out in case this is a symptom of a larger problem. The film should expire tomorrow.

I've passed this info along, and I'll keep you posted on this issue.

Thanks!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings