Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

84 CHARING CROSS ROAD (1987)

TopBilled

Sort of like THE REMAINS OF THE DAY, in that we have Anthony Hopkins in a non-physical relationship with a woman he shares intimate thoughts with...this is a great film.  Anne Bancroft is simply wonderful.  So glad TCM aired it tonight.

• 1 year later...

I'm surprised Anne Bancroft has not been chosen as a Star of the Month. So many great performances worth honoring. Especially the one in 84 CHARING CROSS ROAD.

Well both of us have said the TCM tends to ignore stars that made their entry into the industry in the 50s.   But hey,  Newman got his due so it is time to feature some of these later studio-era actors.

Well both of us have said the TCM tends to ignore stars that made their entry into the industry in the 50s.   But hey,  Newman got his due so it is time to feature some of these later studio-era actors.

Notice I am not complaining how many times Greta Garbo and Greer Garson (whom I like) have been honored. I am just trying to be proactive and suggest that Anne Bancroft deserves a turn. :)

Archived