Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death of the Moguls - Highly Recommended

Rick2400

Last Christmas, my wife presented me with the book "Death of the Moguls" authored by Wheeler Winston Dixon. The book describes the major (and minor) studios and the changes gone through upon the end of the Golden Age, and the birth/infancy of Television, as well as the bosses' plights- the L.B. Mayers, the Zanucks, the Goldwyns, Cohns, and Warners. Spoiler alert: Harry Cohn was the only boss to maintain control of his studio (Columbia) up until his death. If you're into Classic Hollywood, I recommend this book!

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, Rick2400. Sounds interesting. Might be a good one to read along with watching the TCM production "Moguls and Movie Stars". (Well, I don't mean read it while watching the program at the same time...)

I looked it up and here's a pic of the books- maybe one time when we should judge a book by its cover. It's an intriguing cover:

51TdBKsmcmL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

Interesting. This was the only image of the book I could post here. The other two, a notice came up saying I was "not allowed to use that image on this site". Weird, I wonder why.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings