Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I Just Have To Ask

hepclassic

Since reconnecting with people on here, particularly those who used to be at the Classic Film Union, I have to ask, and this is not a put-down, what made you decide here over the CFU, if you even chose to stay at all? 

I know being there for the past five years has been a rough experience on us all, but with Invision finally upgrading and fixing that part of the site, I think that's more than enough reason to reconsider and come back to the Classic Film Union. Even amid the technical drama, there is still a virtual Bar to enjoy, media to enjoy, and literature that is worth reading contributed by members. We even have a on-going game of "What's My Line?" going. 

I write this not to convince anyone to come back- that is your own personal choice, but I think with change, comes perspective, and I'd like to see the bigger picture here. 

Since reconnecting with people on here, particularly those who used to be at the Classic Film Union, I have to ask, and this is not a put-down, what made you decide here over the CFU, if you even chose to stay at all? 

I know being there for the past five years has been a rough experience on us all, but with Invision finally upgrading and fixing that part of the site, I think that's more than enough reason to reconsider and come back to the Classic Film Union. Even amid the technical drama, there is still a virtual Bar to enjoy, media to enjoy, and literature that is worth reading contributed by members. We even have a on-going game of "What's My Line?" going. 

I write this not to convince anyone to come back- that is your own personal choice, but I think with change, comes perspective, and I'd like to see the bigger picture here. 

Trying to pirate our posters? We need all we can get.

Trying to pirate our posters? We need all we can get.

I'm not trying to pirate anybody. I will however state that you needn't worry about people leaving here for the CFU. When the CFU first started, many members came from the message boards and maintained both just fine. The message boards is a well-oiled machine. 

I wouldn't have an issue maintaining both CFU and the message boards as the CFU is more of a social networking site (not that the message boards aren't) that allows you to create a profile and customize it and really give the other members more of a sense what you're all about.  I haven't had much of a chance to do anything on the CFU as the profile part is so jacked up it's basically unusable for me.  When the new company gets it all fixed up, then I'll be back.  I'd love the idea of having a place where I can basically write blog entries and articles about my favorite actors, movies, genres, etc.  Here, I can respond to posts that pique my interest or something I can participate in; but I try to not be too long winded as I don't think people want to read huge essays on a message board.

• Like 1

@speedracer95

Understandable. The fact that KickApps did not solve the problem they created for 2 full years and thousands of members have dismembered profiles is more than a good reason not to pursue further. I am glad TCM fired them- because over there we couldn't take it anymore of the neglect. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings