Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name 10 Facts About This Actor

8. as stated before CBS gave Lucy an offer to reprise her radio show My Favorite Husband role as a tv show, she was reluctant to do it until one night she dreamed that her good friend Carole Lombard visited her and told her to take the offer. 

3 hours ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

She is from Jamestown, and the first statue they did of her (I think the better one is at the Comedy Hall of Fame) was horrible looking - she was very pretty and the statue was ugly.  Replacement was much better.

I've been blessed to visit Lucy's hometown twice (the replacement statue had long been there by the first time i went thankfully) and the new statue is actually where the old one was at the Lucille Ball Memorial Park. but couldn't agree more the replacement is much better. 

Lucy.jpg.661d762f7591af7fd0d8caed84a8edfc.jpg

my mom took this photo but this was from my first trip to Lucy's hometown. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9.)   At the very beginning of her career, she became friends with Barbara Pepper.  She never forgot those days when they were both struggling young actresses.  Therefore, Lucy used Ms. Pepper in countless episodes of I Love Lucy..  In fact, she was at one time being considered for the part of Ethel Mertz, but it was decided against that, since Barbara had a drinking problem.

• Like 2

4.  Befriended Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev after meeting him at a party hosted by Nixon in 1973.  Connors gave Brezhnev two revolvers.  The Soviet leader was a fan of Connors because The Rifleman was one of the few American TV shows shown in the Soviet Union.  Connors later visited Brezhnev in Moscow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8.  The Rifleman was so popular it led to product tie-ins including toy rifles and the board game The Rifleman Game where players moved a herd of cattle from start to finish.  

The Rifleman board game 1959 Milton Bradley TV Western Complete ...