Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name 10 Facts About This Actor

8  On “Von Ryan’s Express” (1965) he worked with Sinatra and was amazed at how off-handed the actor was in real life. He’d expected Sinatra to be as gregarious as the characters he often played. Instead, he found a spoiled kid surrounded by his sycophantic “gorillas.”

6) Frank Sinatra had a hit record in 1955 with the song "Love and Marriage" by Sammy Cahn and Jimmy Van Heusen.

The song was from a TV musical adaptation-production of "Our Town" for which Frank Sinatra portrayed the stage manager.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Terrence1 said:

2.)  Mia Farrow and Ava Gardner were his celebrity/wives.

7-Ava Gardner on Mia Farrow and Frank Sinatra. "I always knew Frank would end up in bed with a boy." 

8) Frank was a top recording artist in the 40s and 50s. But unlike so many others who were knocked out by rock and roll, Frank continued to top the Billboard charts in the 1960s with hits like:

"Strangers in the Night"

" That's Life "

"It Was A Very Good Year"

and his autobiographical swan song--

"My Way".

• Like 1

9.  In 1950 he suffered vocal chord  hemorrhaging which almost ended his career.  His Oscar winning performance in 1953's From Here to Eternity, a role he fought to get, was his big comeback.  That same year he signed with Capitol Records.

• Thanks 1

1.  In 1957, he released two singles:  "Start Moving (In My Direction) which got to #9  and "Lasting Love" which got to #27.

• Like 1

3.  Like Dean and Wood, met a tragic early end.  Mineo was  stabbed to death at the age of 37 in 1976.  His murderer did not know who Mineo was but was just a drifter looking for money.

• Sad 1

5.  Was the model for Harold Stevenson's painting The New Adam (1963).  It's part of the Guggenheim's permanent collection.

From the Guggenheim's website:  "Visitors to the Galerie Iris Clert, Paris, in early 1963 were hardly prepared for the painting that greeted them: a colossal, 40-foot-long male nude, precisely and sensually rendered in full anatomical detail...Spread over nine panels and initially installed as a three-wall wraparound, the work presents a vast, seemingly unbounded ocean of flesh."

8.  Appeared on stage in "The Rose Tattoo" with Eli Wallach and Maureen Stapleton and in "The King and I" with Yul Brynner and Gertrude Lawrence.