Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name 10 Facts About This Actor

4. Created Two Strike Park in La Crescenta, CA .  Concerned that kids who don't have a place to play have two strikes against them he helped raise funds by staging celebrity baseball games.  He donated 5 acres and the county added another 3.54 acres.  The park still exists.

• Like 1

2. Was exempt from WWII service  because of a back injury he suffered during dance classes taught by Martha Graham.  Later Twentieth Century Fox claimed he hurt his back on his university's rowing team.  Peck said, " I guess they didn't think a dance class was macho enough. "

• Haha 1

10 Cary Grant was the first choice for the movie Arabesque 1966 but he passed (age & Sophia Loren did not help).Peck was a great choice.He recalled He had to film a shower scene with Sophia Loren,she did the scene completely naked to Peck's surprise...he admitted it took him several minutes to get out... to avoid an embarrassing situation ....

2-He was a very funny man.When he heard on the radio Rita Hayworth dumped him for Orson Welles.
Reporters asked him his reaction:“Apparently, the way to a girl's heart is to saw her in half.” Hayworth went on tour with Welles  doing the Wonder Magic Show for the troops in various areas.   When he wanted to join the Los Angeles Country Club and was told by a board member that they didn't accept actors, his response was, “Hell, I'm no actor and I've got 28 pictures and a scrapbook of reviews to prove it.
Darryl F Zanuck was warning producers to stay in line :: If you're not careful, I'll give you Mature for your next picture'."

4-He had a reputation as being frugal and generous: Mature's close friend, actor Jim Backus, insists that a steward on the Queen Mary once told him that “Mr. Mature, unlike my other Hollywood gentlemen, has a most unusual tailor, Property of 20th Century‐Fox.”)