Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name 10 Facts About This Actor

1 hour ago, Peebs said:

7.   Became a born-again Christian and hosted An Interlude with Debra Paget on the Christian network TBN in the 1990s

It was a long time ago, but I can can remember seeing Debra Paget on TBN talking about "The 10 Commandments". First and only time I ever saw her on TV.

Ironically around that time I can also remember a couple of other 50s actresses appearing on TBN--Rhonda Fleming and Ruta Lee.

• Like 1

7.  Her contract with British producer J. Arthur Rank was sold to Howard Hughes in the early 1950's bringing her to Hollywood.  Hughes wanted more from Simmons who was married to Stewart Granger at the time.  After Simmons rebuffed his advances, Hughes reportedly refused to lend her out to William Wyler for "Roman Holiday."  Simmons later said, "I had to do four pictures for Mr. Hughes and then I was free.  I never signed a contract with a studio after."

• Thanks 1

8.)  She became close friends with Piper Laurie during the filming of "Until They Sail".  Years later, the two would be featured in "The Thornbirds" and both were  nominated for an Emmy for that.

10.  In 1983 checked herself in to the Betty Ford Clinic for alcoholism.  She spoke publicly about her addiction to encourage other women to seek help.