Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name 10 Facts About This Actor

2.    In 1949 the British Broadcasting Corp., advised parents to send their children to bed before Lorre’s image appeared on their television screens in a horror role.

“Mr. Lorre will be seen contorting his face in close-up and we fear that children watching the performance in a darkened room would find it too alarming,” the BBC said.

8.   At the 1956 funeral of Bela Lugosi, Lorre turned to Vincent Price and whispered: "Do you think we should drive a stake through his heart, just in case?"

10.  Played detective Mr. Moto in 8 movies from 1937-1939.  “If I had wanted to remain one character,” he once said, “I could still be playing Mr. Moto.”

• 3 weeks later...

2. Kerr won the Golden Globe for Best Actress, Comedy or Musical for The King and I; and won three Best Actress awards from the New York Film Critics, for The Sundowners, Heaven Knows Mr. Allison; and Black Narcissus/I See a Dark Stranger.

7.   Kerr was cast against type in "From Here to Eternity" as the adulterous army wife who has an affair with Burt Lancaster.   This role let her break away from proper ladylike roles and let audiences see her in a sexier light.  

8 - Robert Mitchum liked working with Kerr so much on Heaven Knows,  Mr. Allison, that went he was cast for the Sundowners (1960),  he also agreed to give her top billing, joking to the production team that they could "design a twenty-four-foot sign of me bowing to her if you like".

• Like 1

2.  Initially under contract to Howard Hughes who then sold her contract to Warner Brothers, Dvorak later accused him of " selling her down the river. "