Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name 10 Facts About This Actor

Taylor starred opposite Elizabeth Taylor in the 1949 drama "Conspirator." It was the first time the actress ever played an adult, although she was only 16 when production began.

2. Gable and Jean Harlow appeared together in six films: "The Secret Six" (1931), "Red Dust" (1932), "Hold Your Man" (1933), "China Seas" (1935), "Wife vs. Secretary" (1936) and "Saratoga" (1937). Harlow died of uremic poisoning at the age of 26 after completing 90 percent of the latter film.

7. When Gable appeared barechested in the 1934 Oscar-winning film "It Happened One Night," sales of men's undershirts reportedly went into a sharp decline. Gable received his only Oscar for his performance in the Frank Capra film.

8.) In the film, "BROADWAY MELODY OF 1938" Judy Garland sings ♫ YOU MADE ME LOVE YOU ♫ to a photograph of Gable with opening line "Dear Mr. Gable, I'm writing this to tell you, and I hope that you will read it, so you'll know my heart beat like a hammer and I stutter and I stammer everytime I see you at the picture show, I guess I'm just another fan and I thought I'd write and tell you so. You made me love you, I didn't want to do it....."

10. Although a bevy of actresses competed for the starring role of Scarlett O'Hara in "Gone with the Wind," Gable always was considered the people's choice for Rhett Butler. The role earned him his second Academy Award nomination.

Next: Donald Sutherland.

3. His son Rossif also is an actor who currently portrays Nostradamus -- yes, that Nostradamus -- on The CW's historically based drama series "Reign," which is about the early years of Mary Queen of Scots.

• 2 weeks later...

9. In Robert Altman's hit black comedy "M*A*S*H" (1970), Sutherland starred as Army doctor Benjamin Franklin "Hawkeye" Pierce  -- the character played by Alan Alda during the long-running television series of the same title.

10.) He has a star on both Canada's and Hollywood's Walk of Fame.

Next: SHIRLEY TEMPLE

1.)  She served as U.S. Ambassador to Ghana (under Gerald Ford) and Czechoslvakia (under George H. W. Bush)

2. On February 27, 1935, she received a special Juvenile Academy Award when she was six years and 310 days old. Two other Academy Award winners were named for her -- Shirley Jones (Best Supporting Actress, 1960) and Shirley MacLaine (Best Actress, 1983).