Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Terrence1

Name 10 Facts About This Actor

5) Was in the 1994 movie Maverick based on his show.  He played Marshall Zane Cooper to Mel Gibson's Maverick.

7)  He was nominated for 15 Emmys.  He won twice:  In 1977 for The Rockford Files and 1987 for the tv movie Promise.

2) In The Ritz (1976) she uttered the immortal lines, "If there is one man I was born to kill with my own two hands... it's Seymour Pippin!"

3) From 1971-1977 Moreno was on the PBS kids show "The Electric Company."  Moreno shouting "Hey, you guys!" became a popular catchphrase used in the show's opening starting in season 2.

4.)  Early in her career, she was under contract with MGM for six months, and she made three movies in that time.

5) Moreno is an EGOT winner:

an Emmy for Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program,1977 and Outstanding Actress for Drama Series (Rockford Files), 1978

a Grammy for Best Album for Children , (The Electric Company Album) 1972

an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress in West Side Story, 1961

a Tony for Best Featured Actress in a Play in The Ritz. 1975

1. When she won an Oscar for her role as a deaf-mute in “Johnny Belinda,” she had one of the shorter acceptance speeches, saying (I’m paraphrasing), “I accept this very gratefully for keeping my mouth shut.  I think I’ll do it again.”

6). Was married five times including to Ronald Reagan, her third husband, and to Fred Karger, her fourth and fifth husband.