Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whatt became of "Hot Topics" Category?

gagman66

It went the way of all threads with the inauguration of the New TCM Order.  I believe the the threads still exist in the vast cloudy memory of TCM.  If you posted to a topic, go to your member profile and click show content, then you can look for a thread you are interested in.  The content of the thread should still be viewable.  Or you can go to another member's profile and click on show content to search their posts.  Or you can search a thread title, or any word in the search bar to call up a thread you remember.  Some of the more popular Hot Topics threads were resurrected in other Forums, like the Chit-Chat club.

• 2 weeks later...

So the "Hot Topics" thread is gone? Or maybe asimilated into another category? Or am I missing something here? What happened to all those old posts? Please let me know?

I think Hot Topics was eliminated because many of the comments, particularly replies lasted for months - or longer.  So they weren't hot" anymore.  Some of the original posts were not "hot" as in happening now either.

General Discussions pretty much takes care of the need for Hot Topics.

So the "Hot Topics" thread is gone? Or maybe asimilated into another category? Or am I missing something here? What happened to all those old posts? Please let me know?

Though the forum is no longer active, many of the Hot Topics threads are still readable via the Search function. If you can remember a thread's title or subject matter, you can do a search and those threads will be pulled up.

The archives seem to go to back to at least the mid-2000s and may go all the way back to the beginning years.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings