Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movies Airing on TCM That Aren't Available on DVD

BackToThePast

I was looking at the TCM schedule for tomorrow and was surprised to find out that Harold Lloyd's first 'talkie' "Welcome Danger" isn't available on DVD in the U.S.  I know there are quite a few movies that air on TCM that have never come out on DVD so I thought it would be interesting to start a thread listing upcoming movies airing on TCM that haven't been released on DVD.  

Tuesday May 28th 6:00 AM EST

A gentle botany student has to toughen up to replace his father as chief of police.

DirClyde Bruckman CastHarold Lloyd , Barbara Kent , Noah Young .

115 mins

I'd love to see THE FARMER'S DAUGHTER (1947), featuring Joseph Cotten and Loretta Young on DVD/blu-ray.  The story and acting are outstanding -- a great example of enjoyable light entertainment.

It's currently ranked 20th among movies users of the TCM web site have voted to be released on DVD.

I don't know if it's airing on TCM in the near future, but it's been on several times in the past.

It's an interesting thread, but everybody should keep in mind that since TCM doesn't own any of the films it shows and must lease them from other companies, it has no control over what gets released on DVD. Even those that carries TCM brand on the packaging and are promoted on the channel are simply a product of a marketing arrangement with the studio that  actually releases the DVD.