Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

From around the galaxy

Speaking of "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" being out of place in the film Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)..

I'm adding "Windmills of Your Mind" (the vocal version) from The Thomas Crown Affair (1968) to that list. The instrumental theme is ok, but the vocal version is just to fluffy for a Steve McQueen movie. It sounds like a sad, 60s, lost-my-dog, weepy, Top-40 song.

I forgot to duck

2ijnncy.jpg

Located along AZ Hwy 60 as one has just past..err..passed thru..err..through the city limits of tiny Hope, Arizona...

3491537882_f4bbae4c47_z.jpg?zz=1

(...clever, ain't..err..isn't it?! But of course..........)

• Like 1

I find it appalling that a sign at a school is not grammatically correct! They should set an example of proper English and are instead leading the way into idiocracy. 

Dang! I'm so used to seeing that mistake, I didn't even notice it.

Located along AZ Hwy 60 as one has just past..err..passed thru..err..through the city limits of tiny Hope, Arizona...

3491537882_f4bbae4c47_z.jpg?zz=1

(...clever, ain't..err..isn't it?! But of course..........)

I thought one was leaving Arizona and entering Mexico

Everybody's got one.. and everybody likes to play with it..

STOP IT !

I'm talking about the thermostat in your home. Where is yours set?

I'm in Florida - it's 59°F outside  and I've got mine set at 82°F. Anything below 70°F here is freezing.

Everybody's got one.. and everybody likes to play with it..

STOP IT !

I'm talking about the thermostat in your home. Where is yours set?

I'm in Florida - it's 59°F outside  and I've got mine set at 82°F. Anything below 70°F here is freezing.

Right now, it's 36°F outside. Whenever I turn the heat on, which is usually only twice a day, the thermostat is set at 64°F. Otherwise, the thermostat is turned off. At night I'll let it get down to 54°F or lower. Since I'm toasty warm in bed, I don't see a need to heat air I'm not using to stay warm.

The only time I can stand 82°F inside is if it is hotter than that outside, and even then I'm grumpy about it.

Exhibit A: this Australian ad from 1987, predicting what a range of consumer items would cost in 2010,

based on a steady inflation rate of 8 per cent!

2r4uef4.jpg