Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

From around the galaxy

Exhibit A: this Australian ad from 1987, predicting what a range of consumer items would cost in 2010,
                                          based on a steady inflation rate of 8 per cent!
2r4uef4.jpg

Snappy Tom? Wow! I had forgotten all about that! I used to love that stuff! I wonder if they still make it.

Snappy Tom? Wow! I had forgotten all about that! I used to love that stuff! I wonder if they still make it.

Wait. I take that back. What I loved was Snap-E-Tom, the hot and spicy tomato drink, not Snappy Tom the cat food.

And just for the record, I have no fond memories of cat food whatsoever.

None. 

Not a one.

Honestly.

Uhhhhh ..... and I'm shocked -- SHOCKED -- to find that gambling is going on in here!

It's a good thing you straightened that out. I was about to question your upbringing, while adding I myself had once eaten a Milk-Bone dog biscuit.. ONCE. Many years ago.. and it tasted good. But now I don't have to bring that up.

• Like 1

Exhibit A: this Australian ad from 1987, predicting what a range of consumer items would cost in 2010,
                                          based on a steady inflation rate of 8 per cent!
2r4uef4.jpg

Some of these aren't that far off - in my neck of the woods, anyway. Gas has just dropped drastically in these parts over the last two weeks. We've gone from nearly $4.00/Gal down to $2.00/Gal. When I had my Chevy Pickup truck with a 36-gallon tank, it chewed up $140.00 with each refill - and that was every 5 days!

Here are some rough comparissons:

Current local prices

Loaf Wonder Bread                             $3.95
Gallon Orange Juice                            $3.96
Bottle Wine                                        $7.99 (average table wine)
Shoes (athletic walking)                    $59.00
New Washing Machine                     $999.00
Family Saloon Car                      $35,000.00 - $45,000.00 (most vehicles here are X-overs, SUVs or trucks)                                                                                      (with a 4-door crew cab full-size pickup falling)
                                                                                     (into the "Family Saloon Car" category).
First Home                               $150,000.00 - $300,00.00

Dinner for Two is difficult, even when considering only family restaurants (not McD's and the like). I guess $50.00 with drinks is a good average. So many chain places are offering $11-$15 entrees - it's a competition around here.

Some of these aren't that far off - in my neck of the woods, anyway. Gas has just dropped drastically in these parts over the last two weeks. We've gone from nearly $4.00/Gal down to $2.00/Gal. When I had my Chevy Pickup truck with a 36-gallon tank, it chewed up $140.00 with each refill - and that was every 5 days!

Here are some rough comparissons:

Bottle Wine                                        $7.99 (average table wine)

a3745764-48-wine-etiquette-wino-drunk-de

I thank you for your kind words. 

I believe that it is indeed a pint of Guinness. I must wonder if it has a nutty taste.

To answer the age-old question: where do astronauts drink?

Just like yesterday

Ever had that day when you wish a camera was on hand?  Lol, I sure did yesterday. A  tank car consist  went by with the usual markings, sporadic graffiti, etc.  One of the cars left me laughing all day, it had in 10 foot plain white letters...

Fishglue Croutchrot

Trying to figure out the meaning. :lol:

or the cargo. :o  

0.jpg

Yeah, and besides, what's so funny about THAT name, when ya got a guy up for an Academy Award this year named "Benedict Cumberbatch", HUH?!

(...now THAT'S a funny name!!!)

;)