Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

From around the galaxy

So to understand I am actually music to my husbands ears.

To quote Harper Lee's Atticus, regarding his observation about mockingbirds: "...they don’t do one thing but sing their hearts out for us." :)

(Sorry; couldn't resist.)

To quote Harper Lee's Atticus, regarding his observation about mockingbirds: "...they don’t do one thing but sing their hearts out for us." :)

(Sorry; couldn't resist.)

There was no way to resist. It was perfection and quite nice too. We have many mockingbirds in the summer and Atticus is right. They sing many beautiful melodies.
  • Like 1

[q.uote name=Kid_Dabb" post="1057705" timestamp="1422042612]

:)

Why Men Don't Listen to Women

He really isn't listening to you! But you won't believe the reason why.

When men and women speak, the human brain processes the sounds of those voices differently, Britain's Mirror and Agence France Presse report of a new study from the U.K.'s University of Sheffield. While most of us actually hear female voices more clearly, men's brains hear women's voices first as music. But it's not music. It's someone giving them a honey-do list. So the brain goes into overdrive trying to analyze what is being said.

Bottom line: Men have to work harder deciphering what women are saying because they use the auditory part of the brain that processes music, not human voices. Men's brains are not designed to listen to women's voices. It's not the pitch of the woman's voice, but rather the vibration and number of sound waves that cause the problem, notes Discovery News.

But guys have no trouble at all hearing each other because men use a much simpler brain mechanism at the back of the brain to decipher another man's voice and recognize it as speech.

"The female voice is actually more complex than the male voice, due to differences in the size and shape of the vocal cords and larynx between men and women, and also due to women having greater natural 'melody' in their voices. This causes a more complex range of sound frequencies than in a male voice," lead researcher Michael Hunter told The Mirror. "When men hear a male voice they process it in the 'mind's eye.' This is the part of the brain where people compare their experiences to themselves, so the man is comparing his own voice to the new voice."

Here's a really bizarre side effect: These findings help explain why people who suffer hallucinations usually hear male voices. It's just too hard for the brain to create a false feminine voice as accurately as it can create a false masculine voice.

The research findings were published in the journal NeuroImage.

Very interesting article. Thanks for posting it. So to understand I am actually music to my husbands ears.

Explains why they don't ask for directions either. :lol:

Toon259++.gif

A perfect visual representation of this:

There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza,
There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, a hole.

Then fix it, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry,
        Oh fix it, dear Henry, dear Henry, fix it.

With what shall I mend it, dear Liza, dear Liza?
With what shall I mend it, dear Liza, with what?

With a straw, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry,
        With a straw, dear Henry, dear Henry, with a straw.

But the straw is too long, dear Liza, dear Liza,
The straw is too long, dear Liza, too long.

Cut it, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry,
        Then cut it, dear Henry, dear Henry, cut it.

With what shall I cut it, dear Liza, dear Liza?
With what shall I cut it, dear Liza, with what?

With an ax, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry,
        With an ax, dear Henry, dear Henry, with an ax.

The ax is too dull, dear Liza, dear Liza,
The ax is too dull, dear Liza, too dull.

Sharpen it, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry,
        Oh sharpen it, dear Henry, dear Henry, hone it.

On what shall I sharpen it, dear Liza, dear Liza?
On what shall I sharpen it, dear Liza, with what?

On a stone, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry,
        On a stone, dear Henry, dear Henry, a stone.

But the stone is too dry, dear Liza, dear Liza,
The stone is too dry, dear Liza, too dry.

Then wet it, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry,
        Then wet it, dear Henry, dear Henry, wet it.

With what shall I wet it, dear Liza, dear Liza?
With what shall I wet it, dear Liza, with what?

Try water, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry,
        Try water, dear Henry, dear Henry,use water.

In what shall I fetch it, dear Liza, dear Liza?
In what shall I fetch it, dear Liza, in what?

In a bucket, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry,
        In a bucket, dear Henry, dear Henry, a bucket.

There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza,
There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, a hole.

Has anyone dissed her for going to prison.. watch her shows anyway... or just plain don't care either way..? She's back on PBS in full force with her new baking series.

Her crimes didn't impact her ability to host a cooking \ lifestyle type show.      I assume a fairly large percentage of her fans don't even understand what she did and \ or have never been in a the position to commit the crime of inside trading. 

Her crimes didn't impact her ability to host a cooking \ lifestyle type show. .. 

Nor her credibility. I like her new series much better than the old. Something in her attitude is different, and I like it. Although, as I have stated in another post, something in the tone of her speaking voice bugs me - don't know what.

... I assume a fairly large percentage of her fans don't even understand what she did and \ or have never been in a the position to commit the crime of inside trading. 

I'll wager not many are aware or think about it at all.

Has anyone dissed her for going to prison.. watch her shows anyway... or just plain don't care either way..? She's back on PBS in full force with her new baking series.

spkvaa.jpg

Thanks, I would had never guessed.  I was reading the TMZ comments and for some reason many thought that was a boy.  Glad its not the Rob Lowe with cable.

Thanks, I would had never guessed.  I was reading the TMZ comments and for some reason many thought that was a boy.  Glad its not the Rob Lowe with cable.

No. Just a Stepford personality )8^)

o94cua.jpg