Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

From around the galaxy

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

Thanks. Now I can't find what category. Gen Disc or Off Topic. As you probably already know i cannot answer off your link because the reply shows up here. But thanks for the heads up. I'll find the thread.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A Black Hole's Core Could be a Strange "Planck Star"

https://interestingengineering.com/a-black-holes-core-could-be-a-strange-planck-star

Kept asking myself the logical question, why do scientist skip subatomic matter?  Something more exotic than the nucleonic matter of a neutron star?

Squash the very neutron itself!

sn-pentaquark.jpg

proton.jpg

Just because light can't escape doesn't mean nothing's there.  Why do black holes come with different masses?

latest?cb=20150322005003

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question for the group.

How do you find the list of all members now and back then. It used to be available under MEMBERS at the top but the list is not there. Instead we get a lot of grandiose info about those who have the most posts. Is the complete list no longer on the site? If it is, where please?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 12:05 PM, hamradio said:

A Black Hole's Core Could be a Strange "Planck Star"

https://interestingengineering.com/a-black-holes-core-could-be-a-strange-planck-star

Kept asking myself the logical question, why do scientist skip subatomic matter?  Something more exotic than the nucleonic matter of a neutron star?

Squash the very neutron itself!

Just because light can't escape doesn't mean nothing's there.  Why do black holes come with different masses?

latest?cb=20150322005003

The issue isn't that scientists think there's nothing there, but that there is no way to get any information out of a black hole, there's no meaningful way to test any theories about what's in there.  You're back to arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

3 hours ago, rjbartrop said:

The issue isn't that scientists think there's nothing there, but that there is no way to get any information out of a black hole, there's no meaningful way to test any theories about what's in there.  You're back to arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

On "How The Universe Works" this past Sunday, scientist are having issues with " singularities" even now with the Big Bang because it winds up becoming an infinity and they hate dealing with such.

Why not a sphere of only subatomic particles - an object with such gravitational strength even neutrons are crushed?  Would explain why black holes grows and are different sizes.  Singularities simply doesn't make sense.

Uh didn't the Big Bang in theory started off with only subatomic particles? :huh:

(on HTUW Oct 10, 2021 - the "Big Bang" is now considered a ban analogy)

1-visualisation-of-quark-structure-of-pr