Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

From around the galaxy

5 hours ago, Capuchin said:

Personally, I'd be more than a little unsettled to be that far up without an engine or two to keep me there. 

A glider has more stability landing because of the wing size-you can always "glide" any prop plane down if power is lost. A jet without power -a goner- they simply drop. What really scared me was the storm clouds above, it was NOT a good day for gliding, all we could do was drop altitude.

BTW, I'm seeing lots of drones flying around daily and I don't mean table top size toys but full size aircraft. I don't think most people realize they're drones. None are landing at the municipal airport.

uas-track-civil-airspace-aviation.jpg

• Like 1
12 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

A glider has more stability landing because of the wing size-you can always "glide" any prop plane down if power is lost. A jet without power -a goner- they simply drop. What really scared me was the storm clouds above, it was NOT a good day for gliding, all we could do was drop altitude.

BTW, I'm seeing lots of drones flying around daily and I don't mean table top size toys but full size aircraft. I don't think most people realize they're drones. None are landing at the municipal airport.

uas-track-civil-airspace-aviation.jpg

So can you think of any reason why they might be keeping tabs on your activites, Tiki?

(...I wouldn't think refurbing carousel horses as being a potential threat to our national security)  

;)

• Haha 1
On 11/11/2021 at 5:24 AM, TikiSoo said:

A jet without power -a goner- they simply drop.

Been there, done that. It's standard procedure (at least it was back in my day) that during a qualification flight, the check pilot, without warning, kills the engines. (You know it's going to happen, you just don't know when. The sneaky ones have you focused on some other task when they do it.) 

I think it'd have to be strange circumstances for a drone to use a municipal airport. They're too hard to see, and their movements don't conform to normal aircraft operations, making them a collision risk. They also need specialized support (refueling, swap-outs, etc.), and nobody wants the public seeing that. 

• Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 3:24 AM, TikiSoo said:

A jet without power -a goner- they simply drop.

I don't think that's quite right. To say they "drop" is misleading. They don't suddenly go into a nose-down descent. They can glide. Not like a glider can of course. If it can find a flat place for emergency landing, they might even survive.

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Actually that is it's real name, until Galileo no one knew about other planets having such until he made his first observations of Jupiter on January 7, 1610.  The word moon can be traced to the word mōna, an Old English word from medieval times.   Was called "Selene" by the Greeks and "Luna" by the RomansTechnically they're called satellites.

27324.jpg

Oh my how everyone got s-o-o upset over his discovery, be another 400 years before history repeats itself when Pluto got demoted  from planet status. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Saudi Arabia can get rare snow storms, last one February 2021.

911442_1.jpg

2saudi-arabia-snowfall-november-2016.jpg

camel1.jpg

Trivia, did you know camels are descendants of high arctic camels which have long been extinct?

High_Arctic_Camel.jpg

Modern camels can live in very cold climate i.e. Norway.

MV5BMWRmNjRjMTYtNDg1OC00NzQ4LTgyZGUtNDA2