Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

From around the galaxy

So, is the WHO photo in response to the BRAILLE MENU discussion?

or...the WARM BODIES poster...or...

WHAT??  POINT, please!

Y'know, the odd thing about that WHO photo is it captured an image of ROGER DALTRY holding a CIGARETTE!  Daltry,at one point, became a HUGE health and fitness freak!   You DON'T look THAT good at WOODSTOCK by smoking dope and cigarettes!  OR drinking a lot of BOOZE! :)

Sepiatone

The lads were in their 20s at Woodstock.   One would have to drink a lot and use a lot of drugs to look unhealthy in their 20s.

One think she can come up with a better title. :unsure:

d9597d9000533ca7b9e05d17c12cc75f-d.jpg

She seems to be a well-respected and well-lauded cinematographer, as well as now being a professor at UCLA. I would be particulalry interested in seeing her film about Valentina Tereshkova, the first woman to go into space. (I've often wondered why -- after all of these years -- Valentina still hasn't gotten more recognition here in the states.)

She seems to be a well-respected and well-lauded cinematographer, as well as now being a professor at UCLA. I would be particulalry interested in seeing her film about Valentina Tereshkova, the first woman to go into space. (I've often wondered why -- after all of these years -- Valentina still hasn't gotten more recognition here in the states.)

Her space flight was more propaganda than science considering her pre-flight occupation was textile worker.  Join the party and the Soviet air force then anything is possible.  She did continued her education afterwards studying Space Engineering, receiving her Ph. D. in 1977 and honorary Doctorate of the University of Edinburgh. 

They took unnecessary high risk and sheer brute force to get to space first.  We showed our short comings on television where the Russians never did.  

Speaking of recognition, ask anyone here, how do they feel about Soyuz 11 and observe the WHAT?!? expression on their face. 

How many failures we don't know about? 

One of Valentina's quotes that says a lot about the system.

57585-o.jpg

Her space flight was more propaganda than science considering her pre-flight occupation was textile worker.  Join the party and the Soviet air force then anything is possible.  She did continued her education afterwards studying Space Engineering, receiving her Ph. D. in 1977 and honorary Doctorate of the University of Edinburgh. 

They took unnecessary high risk and sheer brute force to get to space first.  We showed our short comings on television where the Russians never did.  

Speaking of recognition, ask anyone here, how do they feel about Soyuz 11 and observe the WHAT?!? expression on their face. 

57585-o.jpg

Valentina made it out of Union and changed name to Katherine Kiernan Maria Mulgrew. She then obtained acting job in series of space adventures, thus fulfilling lifelong desire.

Tell that to them.  :P

warm-bodies-poster-nicholas-hoult-teresa

That was actually a kind of cute and funny movie. I watched a lot of things over the years with my then teen-aged daughter that I wouldn't have watched otherwise. Some things were very very bad (Twilight, The Princess Diaries II) This was enjoyable.

That's Mick Fleetwood from Fleetwood Mac under the fish-head in

an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

eziter.jpg

That's Mick Fleetwood from Fleetwood Mac under the fish-head in

an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

eziter.jpg

A fish out of water?

(and no one believed  Jean Luc Picard about the big one that got away.)

57585-o.jpg

I know the Soviet space program was significantly different from the US space program, and I understand that the cosmonauts (at least at first) did not have as much input and control in the piloting of their crafts as did the US astronauts. I’ve also heard that it is a possibility that Vladimir Ilyushin may have actually been the first man into space, rather than Yuri Gagarin. Nonetheless, I still think Valentina's accomplishment is significant. Personally, I would be proud to shake her hand, or to have an autographed photo of her in her cosmonaut suit.

Unlike Amelia Earhart, on her heralded, first transatlantic flight, Valentina was alone in Восток-6, and did, at the very least, identify and report a problem with the craft, while she was still in space, and input the data she received from the ground that was necessary to correct the problem before her descent. One could argue that she essentially saved the mission and her own life.

Heck, I’d like to have autographed photos of all the astronauts and cosmonauts, and especially those who did something first, including the late Dr. Sally Ride, the first female US citizen into space.

I know the Soviet space program was significantly different from the US space program, and I understand that the cosmonauts (at least at first) did not have as much input and control in the piloting of their crafts as did the US astronauts. I’ve also heard that it is a possibility that Vladimir Ilyushin may have actually been the first man into space, rather than Yuri Gagarin.

That's the conspiracy theory (another one - never a dull moment)

"Fallen Idol: The Yuri Gagarin Conspiracy" (2009)

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/1820/1

I still watch every Perry Mason episode I can.

Cool stuff you probably never knew..

William Hopper is best known for his regular role as the private investigator Paul Drake on CBS's courtroom television series Perry Mason (1957–1966) with Raymond Burr in the title role and Barbara Hale as secretary Della Street.

He originally auditioned for the role of Perry Mason, and Raymond Burr auditioned for the role of Mason's rival, district attorneyHamilton Burger. After Burr was given the role of Perry Mason, Hopper was cast as Mason's friend and private detective, Paul Drake.

In the 1959 episode, "The Case of Paul Drake's Dilemma," Hopper played the defendant, the only time in the series' nine-year run that Paul Drake was tried for murder.

I still watch every Perry Mason episode I can.

Cool stuff you probably never knew..

William Hopper is best known for his regular role as the private investigator Paul Drake on CBS's courtroom television series Perry Mason (1957–1966) with Raymond Burr in the title role and Barbara Hale as secretary Della Street.

He originally auditioned for the role of Perry Mason, and Raymond Burr auditioned for the role of Mason's rival, district attorneyHamilton Burger. After Burr was given the role of Perry Mason, Hopper was cast as Mason's friend and private detective, Paul Drake.

In the 1959 episode, "The Case of Paul Drake's Dilemma," Hopper played the defendant, the only time in the series' nine-year run that Paul Drake was tried for murder.

Animated Raymond Burr  :lol:

16c5dea.jpg

I remember watching many of the old Perry Mason episodes on a cable

channel about ten or so years ago. Maybe it was TBS, not sure. Paul

was a pretty cool cat, at least compared to ponderous Perry. I do remember

that in some of the earlier episodes they were a bit shady sometimes,

doing things that were just on the line between legal and questionable.

Good show, though it was sometimes hard to keep track of all the suspects.

I like that about the earlier episodes also. Perry was always having Paul take a client to some out of town location - but he always had them register under their own name to remain just this side of the law. 

After watching many episodes, you may pick up on the order of all those suspects as they are introduced. There was an almost infallible pattern which could be used to identify the murderer about 10 minutes into the show. 

Similar to the original Star Trek series' killing off any landing party crew member who happened to be wearing a red uniform - usually part of the security detail.

"The Munsters" unaired pilot. Talk about a horse of a different color.

Yeah, but wasn't Joan Marshall(aka Jean Arless in Bill Castle's low budget ripoff of Hitch's "Psycho"..."Homicidal") pretty hot lookin' in that goth drag as Phoebe Munster?!

And, I never really noticed this before, but ya know who ya'd get if you'd crossed Steve McQueen with Fred Gwynne as Herman Munster?

photo.jpg   + eaf4eedee801f027439324f05a279817.jpg  =

Yep! You'd get actor Robert Lansing!!!

robert-lansing-1-sized.jpg

(...am I right or WHAT?!!!)

Yeah, but wasn't Joan Marshall(aka Jean Arless in Bill Castle's low budget ripoff of Hitch's "Psycho"..."Homicidal") pretty hot lookin' in that goth drag as Phoebe Munster?

And, I never really noticed this before, but ya know who ya'd get if you'd crossed Steve McQueen with Fred Gwynne as Herman Munster?

(...yep...you'd get actor Robert Lansing!!!)

It was wise they didn't air it, better to get the quirks work out.  Pilots tends to be a testing ground but people have long memories. Babylon 5 had a slight makeover for Delenn from ugly to something more appealing.

Pilot "The Gathering"

delenn.jpg

Following episodes

ambassador1993b.jpg

By the way, there is something a little off about Herman Munster, he didn't look like himself.

wmkw1e.jpg

(oh yes you're right about Lansing, Lol)