Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

From around the galaxy

European comet lander speaks after seven-month hibernation

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/european-comet-lander-speaks-seven-month-hibernation/

"Philae Lander @Philae2014

Hello @ESA_Rosetta! I'm awake! How long have I been asleep? #Lifeonacomet"

Talk about a long nap!  :lol:

I was just going through my old files and found the old Jack Horkheimer Star Gazer Star Wheel.

0.jpg

Remember Jack from the 1980's-90's on PBS with his Star Hustler segment?  RIP.

I've read that there were to be a remake of "Forbidden Planet" but the project was shelved.  Here are some artist concepts.

These are the "Monster From the ID"

id_monster.jpg

410528548_0a7bd21495.jpg

The ship and assault vehicle

hegilqf5sbi4ssqqmnli.jpg

The Robby the Robot replacement (ugh)

506632360cf44f1d9adb2e3639e4fa11.png

• Like 2

24300eq.jpg

KR: I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous. I have no idea what the audience makes of me. Sometimes I don't know whether I'm going under their heads or over their heads. Writing songs is a peculiar practice anyway. I never feel I write them, I'm just an antenna and the songs are already zooming through the room, and I hope to pick up something. I sit with a guitar or at the piano and play my favorite Buddy Holly or Otis Redding songs and, with a bit of luck, something suddenly happens and you're off on your own track.

Maybe it's because I never deliberately sit down to write songs that it still happens. I've written more lately than ever before. I recieve and transmit - it's that simple. If I actually believe I created something, I'd be in big ****ing trouble. There's no godhead ego, I don't believe in the grand bold type "WRITTEN BY KEITH RICHARDS." I just pick up the songs and pass them on. They aren't mine, they're everybody's. To me, the best songs are the ones that come to you in dreams. I wake up, put it down on a cassette next to the bed, turn over and go back to sleep. I wrote "Satisfaction" that way. 

-------------------------------------

I know exactly what Keith is talking about...
  • Like 1

I was just going through my old files and found the old Jack Horkheimer Star Gazer Star Wheel.

Commonly called Jack Dorkheimer by those who work in public TV. I loved him. Great that you have a souvenier.

I've just posted in another forum that today is Paul McCartney's 73rd birthday.  AND that in spite of him being ONE YEAR OLDER than Keith Richards, he still looks 20 years YOUNGER! :D

Sepiatone

I've just posted in another forum that today is Paul McCartney's 73rd birthday. AND that in spite of him being ONE YEAR OLDER than Keith Richards, he still looks 20 years YOUNGER! :D

Sepiatone

I think it's possible he would be dead today if not for the blood transfusions in Switzerland. They are touring this summer so I'm impressed.

Watched part of Ringo Starr's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on HBO the other night. Ringo will be 75 in July and also looks 20 years younger than that. He's amazing, jumping all over the place, more energy than I had at 50 and he's 75. 

Paul McCartney has been a vegetarian for about 40 years; I do not know about Ringo. 

Ringo is a vegetarian and from the interviews I've read meditates daily since 1967 and also exercises daily. Very much still into peace and love. All around cheery type of guy and I'm sure that must play a major factor in his good health, young appearance, physical stamina and well being. 

• Like 1

While musically , all the GUYS' favorite Beatle was GEORGE, it was RINGO we all felt would have been the COOLEST to hang out with!

Sepiatone

Well not this guy.   To me George wasn't a very interesting guitar player until after Clapton schooled him  (yea, he had that Buddy Holly style down pat but that is about it).   George couldn't even pull off the solo on his own song Taxman.  That is Paul doing the solo.     It wasn't until Let it Be and Abby Road that George could really solo well.