Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

From around the galaxy

Tinypic and Photobucket are having a meltdown..

After reading this I went to PhotoB and did notice some irregularities. Some pictures are on there twice and others have no picture but a message saying I need to update Adobe or something like that.

Anything happen there that we should be concerned about? Thanks.

laffite

After reading this I went to PhotoB and did notice some irregularities. Some pictures are on there twice and others have no picture but a message saying I need to update Adobe or something like that.

Anything happen there that we should be concerned about? Thanks.

laffite

I don't know what, if anything, has happened there. I'm not getting any messages as you describe.

With TinyPic: All my photos are there but none of them will load when pages on these boards are opened. They begin to load, then freeze - or don't load at all, leaving a blank space.

With Photobucket: I can't even sign-in anymore. Everything freezes when I try.

Oh well.. I'm starting over with a new image host site. The good thing is, I no longer have to jump through hoops to upload an image as was required with the above dinosaurs, so I can upload many more at a faster rate - YAY!

--------------------------------------------------------------

As we speak, tinypic appears to be loading my pics just fine - for now. Too late, though. They (tinypic and Photobucket) have lost me as a customer. Boo on them!

^_^

"Oh well.. I'm starting over with a new image host site."

-so where'd you end up? :unsure:

I'm using Imgur  http://imgur.com/

The only reason I stuck with tinypic so long was.. the pics were viewable by others here on the boards using any browser and they were extremely stable in that it was rare for one of my pics to disappear or be replaced by an image someone else uploaded there when tinypic reshuffled their URLs. The other hosts I tried, the images were not viewable by all browsers. Imgur seems to be fine in that respect.

• Like 1

humans..

One of the last questions this psychology professor posed to his class may have been the most profound of the semester, digging deep into the moral framework of our culture.

Why People Are Obsessing Over This Psych Professor’s Tricky Extra Credit Question - HERE

• Like 1

humans..

One of the last questions this psychology professor posed to his class may have been the most profound of the semester, digging deep into the moral framework of our culture.

Why People Are Obsessing Over This Psych Professor’s Tricky Extra Credit Question - HERE

Are they obsessed or guilt when they look in the mirror?

With reason, the strongest be left behind with any available food if it's on hand. along with anything that can help in survival i.e. fishing. The survivors on the boat will tell about the situation when they are picked up or reach dry land. 

Here are some real castaways life stories.

http://www.boaterexam.com/blog/2011/05/real-castaways.aspx

The professor was too vague with the question in what TYPE of people are in the situation?  How many are selfies?  Taking human nature into account when the survival mode kicks in, it doesn't work out too well for the weakest.

The students should pose the question to the professor, what would he do?

I got the old After Dark screen saver to work with the XP operating system.  The original software  installation CD won't work with this OP but there is a way.  I have the hard drive that came out of my old Windows 98 SE computer hooked up using one of the USB adapters.  The After Dark folder contains everything, I copied it over to my main C: drive and clicked on ADW30.  There were two messages, one stating I didn't have a driver installed - well didn't need it so I clicked on continue and did the same with the next message.

AD's main tray came up and after the normal setup up, clicked on minimize and waited.  It WORKED after the allowed time has passed.  It can be manually engaged by moving the mouse pointer to the bottom left.

I don't know if this will work with Windows 7 or above (find that out later).  After Dark has to be treated like a TSR program instead as the usual screen save modules included with the OP.  XP's screen saver has to be set to None.  The ADW30.EXE can be installed manually, or included within the Startup group.

I simply like the nostalgia of the older stuff and don't have to worry about spyware, etc on websites.

Snapshot 

343ivt0.jpg

This guy managed to install it on his Windows Vista.  Great! :)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFNK-i6y-fg