Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

From around the galaxy

I like this one. I haven't DL'd it yet, but it's free and has a nice control panel.

I don't TRUST any of the screen saver websites, again an issue with Adware, trojans, etc. Plus they need your email which can get spread to spammers.

Here is a Youtube screen saver video.  No cost or download.  Go to Full Screen and enjoy.

I was doing a little research this morning trying to find out where Walmart gets their fresh eggs. Mainly, I was just trying to verify they weren't coming from China (gasp!). I can't even imagine what noxious substances might be in those.. anyway

One of their U.S. sources led me to this unique invention:

Here's the article CLICK

so who thinks the new KFC ads with the weird "Col. Sanders' are just CREEPY....

There is something in his voice that bugs me. It's not that he isn't the real Colonel, it's.. something in the sound of his voice.

I like that bucket-0-chicken he's got there (though it is the newer small bucket). I haven't seen the really large bucket since the 70s or 80s. Used to get a huge bucket filled nearly to the top for about $9.00 - now it's about 2/3 that size for $20.00 .

• Like 1

There is something in his voice that bugs me. It's not that he isn't the real Colonel, it's.. something in the sound of his voice.

I like that bucket-0-chicken he's got there (though it is the newer small bucket). I haven't seen the really large bucket since the 70s or 80s. Used to get a huge bucket filled nearly to the top for about $9.00 - now it's about 2/3 that size for $20.00 .

He was better as Bill Clinton.

• Like 1

You just said a mouthful, Mr.6666!

Knowing that the Colonel was dead, made me do a double take the first time I saw one of the current ads.

This guy looks more like Ned Beatty or Walter Brennan.

And "creepy" is exactly what he resembles. Good call!

Knowing that the Colonel was dead, made me do a double take the first time I saw one of the current ads.

I think it's the "heh, heh, heh" that he adds is what creeps me out most :blink:

FYI:  This is Darrell Hammond from Saturday Night Live fame  (just in case people didn't understand why I mentioned Bill Clinton).

Interesting factoids..

Brian Harold May, CBE (born 19 July 1947) is an English musician, singer, songwriter, and astrophysicist who achieved international fame as the lead guitarist of the rock band Queen.

He was appointed a Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (CBE) in 2005 for "services to the music industry and for charity work". May attained a PhD in astrophysics from Imperial College London in 2007 and was Chancellor of Liverpool John Moores University from 2008 to 2013. He was a "science team collaborator" with NASA's New Horizons Pluto mission.

Add another one to my hero list.

76HTzPf.jpg
         Gun silencer sales are on fire

The number of registered silencers surged 38% from last year to 792,282 in February 2015, according to the most recent figures from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. There were 571,750 licenses in March 2014.

Article HERE

Hey Kid,

Another factoid...if the ships with the smoking lamps were "inflammable" as your insert states, that means quite unequivocally that they were also flammable.

Ain't it great that both words are interchangeable.

Hey Kid,

Another factoid...if the ships with the smoking lamps were "inflammable" as your insert states, that means quite unequivocally that they were also flammable.

Ain't it great that both words are interchangeable.

:)

I find it interesting you should mention that because, as I was reading the text associated with those, the very same thought popped into my little head so I reviewed the definitions of both flammable and inflammable to find they are not only interchangeable they carry the same meaning. In fact inflammable is the original form of the word with the  in  being dropped early in the 20th century due to it's confusing nature ( in  being interpreted as a negative prefix - or  "non"  as in opposite).