Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

From around the galaxy

Congratulatons, Kid! Hey, that's some driveway there, hope your auto has a lot of horse muscle.

Eeh! The Kid lives in Florida, right laffite?!

AND, if The Kid's new residence here is situated in the same state, then no problem, right?!

(...'cause once the sinkhole under his garage collapses, that baby should be just about at street level and that driveway as flat as the rest of that state is, RIGHT?!)

;)

A star's tragedy. Who knew..?

This actress struggled with health problems for most of her life. She was born with scoliosis, and broke her back while filming in 1944. The fracture went undetected for several years, although it caused her chronic back problems. In 1956, she underwent an operation in which some of her spinal discs were removed and replaced with donated bone. She was also prone to other illnesses and injuries, which often necessitated surgery, and came close to death due to a bout of pneumonia in 1961. In addition, she was addicted to alcohol and prescription medications. She was treated at the Betty Ford Center for seven weeks from December 1983 to January 1984, becoming the first celebrity to openly admit herself to the clinic. She relapsed later in the decade, and entered rehab again in 1988. She also struggled with her weight, becoming overweight and publishing a diet book, in 1988, on her experiences.

In the last two decades of her life, her health increasingly declined, and she rarely attended public events in the 2000s. She had serious bouts of pneumonia in 1990 and 2000, underwent hip replacement surgery in the mid-1990s, underwent surgery for a benign brain tumor in 1997, was successfully treated for skin cancer in 2002, and was diagnosed with congestive heart failure in 2004. Due to scoliosis and osteoporosis, she had to use a wheelchair. She commented on her health in 2004, stating: "My body's a real mess ... I've become one of those poor little women who's bent sideways. I feel so stupid and feeble that I can't do the work I was meant to do because of my bloody body." She underwent cardiac surgery to replace a leaky valve in 2009.

She was again hospitalized due to complications from heart failure at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles in February 2011. She remained there until her death at age 79 on March 23, 2011, surrounded by her four children. Her funeral took place the day after she died at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, California. It was a private Jewish ceremony presided over by Rabbi Jerome Cutler, and at her request began 15 minutes behind schedule, as according to her representative, "she even wanted to be late for her own funeral". She is entombed in the Great Mausoleum at the cemetery.

Elizabeth Taylor

The house. Yeah.. We're still workin' on that.

Still putting the finishing touches on the house. Fred didn't mind lending a hand - or a leg
                                              (he's on the bottom).
2xz4fE0.jpg

Just gotta get some of this loose stuff..
3oGJV9K.jpg

We found this great neighborhood
GOSX9nK.jpg

Iiii got'im
B8PG842.jpg

There's this one spot in the far back corner of the lot..
YOvXU0S.jpg

Yeah. This'll work. (physics 101)
M68bL86.jpg

While me and my buds were putting some finishing touches on the house, Jane filled up the war wagon.
JU9dvQp.jpg

The pool is gonna be a work of art. Wait till you see it.
ciZIWsN.jpg
  • Like 2
HSgu9dm.jpg

Every day I get in the queue (Too much, Magic Bus)

To get on the bus that takes me to you (Too much, Magic Bus)

I'm so nervous, I just sit and smile (Too much, Magic Bus)

You house is only another mile (Too much, Magic Bus)

Thank you, driver, for getting me here (Too much, Magic Bus)

You'll be an inspector, have no fear (Too much, Magic Bus)

I don't want to cause no fuss (Too much, Magic Bus)

But can I buy your Magic Bus? (Too much, Magic Bus)

Nooooooooo!

I don't care how much I pay (Too much, Magic Bus)

I wanna drive my bus to my baby each day (Too much, Magic Bus)

I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it ... (You can't have it!)

Thruppence and sixpence every day

Just to drive to my baby

Thruppence and sixpence each day

'Cause I drive my baby every way

Magic Bus, Magic Bus, Magic Bus ...

I said, now I've got my Magic Bus (Too much, Magic Bus)

I said, now I've got my Magic Bus (Too much, Magic Bus)

I drive my baby every way (Too much, Magic Bus)

Each time I go a different way (Too much, Magic Bus)

I want it, i want it, I want it, I want it ...

Every day you'll see the dust (Too much, Magic Bus)

As I drive my baby in my Magic Bus (Too much, Magic Bus)

Songwriters

PETER TOWNSHEND

♫ I think I'm turning Ko-re-an,

I think I'm turning Ko-re-an,

I really think so, 

da-da-da dumh-dumh-dumh-dumh 

Re:

부산KT vs 서울SKゾぅ(24H-11.COM (CODE:BUZZ)グい리버풀 vs 사우샘프턴

Started by nikalee2121, Today, 04:03 PM

Two Jet Propulsion Laboratory engineers stand with three vehicles, providing a size comparison of three generations of Mars rovers. Front and center is the flight spare for the first Mars rover, Sojourner, which landed on Mars in 1997 as part of the Mars Pathfinder Project. On the left is a Mars Exploration Rover test vehicle, a working sibling to Spirit and Opportunity, which landed on Mars in 2004. On the right is a test rover for the Mars Science Laboratory, which landed Curiosity on Mars in 2012.

Photograph: NASA  (CLICK to enlarge)

bPXCMyi.jpg

Two Jet Propulsion Laboratory engineers stand with three vehicles, providing a size comparison of three generations of Mars rovers. Front and center is the flight spare for the first Mars rover, Sojourner, which landed on Mars in 1997 as part of the Mars Pathfinder Project. On the left is a Mars Exploration Rover test vehicle, a working sibling to Spirit and Opportunity, which landed on Mars in 2004. On the right is a test rover for the Mars Science Laboratory, which landed Curiosity on Mars in 2012.

Photograph: NASA  (CLICK to enlarge)
bPXCMyi.jpg

Glad someone remembered the Sojourner rover (bottom).  So I'm guessing the next rover will use this spin off tech.

318d964748daa6cb2defddb0aaf70cd3.jpg

Is it time to bring back the projectionist?

Film has been replaced by digital in our cinemas. But some big names - including Christopher Nolan and Quentin Tarantino - believe the switchover was a terrible mistake . . .

Article HERE