Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

From around the galaxy

This is an odd one -

I was mucking about on my cable/ISP's website (Bright House Services here in central Florida) and found a free app they offer. Anyone with an account (cable, internet, whatever..) AND a username and password for accessing that account on their website (I use mine to pay online) can log into their account and access their TV streaming app - BHTV.

If you have your cable tv and/or internet account with them AND you've signed up on their website, this will allow you to stream all of your cable channels to your computer or portable device (iPod, Android, etc.). Your computer and other devices can be used to watch all of your cable channels you have subscribed to.

You can still use your tv - it doesn't cut that off. This is just like watching on your tv only your computer offers additional options you may have in a set-top box or DVR.

This isn't the same as TCM's Watch TCM Live streaming. This is not a single channel. This is your whole cable package as it's delivered to your tv - everything you've subscribed to.. only it's streamed to your computer/portable device.

This is odd to me because I don't use any portable devices which would take the greatest advantage of this. I use my desktop computer and it's in the same room with my tv so there is no real advantage for me to utilize the service - unless my tv goes kaput! (please no!).

One more thing.. when I began to activate the app, one requirement was to download the Microsoft Silverlight Player (free download from Microsoft) - if I didn't already have it.. I don't. I stopped short of this because I'm too tired to mess with this tonight. Perhaps this weekend.

This is an odd one -

I was mucking about on my cable/ISP's website (Bright House Services here in central Florida) and found a free app they offer. Anyone with an account (cable, internet, whatever..) AND a username and password for accessing that account on their website (I use mine to pay online) can log into their account and access their TV streaming app - BHTV.

If you have your cable tv and/or internet account with them AND you've signed up on their website, this will allow you to stream all of your cable channels to your computer or portable device (iPod, Android, etc.). Your computer and other devices can be used to watch all of your cable channels you have subscribed to.

You can still use your tv - it doesn't cut that off. This is just like watching on your tv only your computer offers additional options you may have in a set-top box or DVR.

This isn't the same as TCM's Watch TCM Live streaming. This is not a single channel. This is your whole cable package as it's delivered to your tv - everything you've subscribed to.. only it's streamed to your computer/portable device.

This is odd to me because I don't use any portable devices which would take the greatest advantage of this. I use my desktop computer and it's in the same room with my tv so there is no real advantage for me to utilize the service - unless my tv goes kaput! (please no!).

One more thing.. when I began to activate the app, one requirement was to download the Microsoft Silverlight Player (free download from Microsoft) - if I didn't already have it.. I don't. I stopped short of this because I'm too tired to mess with this tonight. Perhaps this weekend.

How about something free, no contracts, monthly bills, no debit cards. $0.00 a month.  It's called internet radio, it has practically the same material as Sirus XM - thousands of channels.  The trick is to obtain the C Crane radio and one only needs a wireless or ethernet connection.  Setting it up requires registering to Pandora and then Receiva.com and link the accounts.  It only ask for the radio's ID.  You will NOT get any spam, offers, etc.  Hassle FREE!  I first heard about it from Rolleye James Show.  The radio can be played from its built in speaker or home entertainment system.

BEST THING EVER MADE for home entertainment. :):)

RAD-WIFI-CCRADIO.jpg

How about something free, no contracts, monthly bills, no debit cards. $0.00 a month.  It's called internet radio, it has practically the same material as Sirus XM - thousands of channels.  The trick is to obtain the C Crane radio and one only needs a wireless or ethernet connection.  Setting it up requires registering to Pandora and then Receiva.com and link the accounts.  It only ask for the radio's ID.  You will NOT get any spam, offers, etc.  Hassle FREE!  I first heard about it from Rolleye James Show.  The radio can be played from its built in speaker or home entertainment system.

BEST THING EVER MADE for home entertainment. :):)

That's great. I've been using Radiotuna.com which is also free and has many channels dedicated to specific music styles - like SiriusXM. I listen through my PC - I luuuuvv that Latin - South American - Bossa Nova. All you need is your PC and a speaker - no extra connections or players required.

That's great. I've been using Radiotuna.com which is also free and has many channels dedicated to specific music styles - like SiriusXM. I listen through my PC - I luuuuvv that Latin - South American - Bossa Nova. All you need is your PC and a speaker - no extra connections or players required.

I have to check out radiotuna.  Thanks for the tip.    I listen to jazzradio.    It has a latin jazz sub-station as well.  I can never get enough of Jobin. 

Now behold this and be prepared to have your mind (and ears) blown...you will need 2 for stereo.

Bryston - 28B-SST2 - 1000 Watt Mono Amplifier (Each) Price $9,900.00

Caution...your neighbors might complain. :D

21653.jpg

6.jpg

I think it was invented by Doc in "Back To The Future" who still was trying to get the bugs work out of the speaker.

Amplifier.jpg

2014: A Colombian Odyssey  8^-)

Best way to do emoticons is to Google the expression you're looking for followed by emoticon.  Go to Google Images and select the normal size if possible. It may take some times scrolling down the list. 

Example...I type Angry emoticon then went to images, found the one I wanted and clicked on it, then Image.  A separate webpage opened with the emoticon and right click the mouse button to copy.  Went to the TCM post and did the normal image paste routine and..

smiley-angry008.gif

Best way to do emoticons is to Google the expression you're looking for followed by emoticon.  Go to Google Images and select the normal size if possible. It may take some times scrolling down the list. 

Example...I type Angry emoticon then went to images, found the one I wanted and clicked on it, then Image.  A separate webpage opened with the emoticon and right click the mouse button to copy.  Went to the TCM post and did the normal image paste routine and..

smiley-angry008.gif

Thanks, ham  ;-^>   I've got thousands of emoticons - the message editor here won't allow them to be inserted on the same line with my text.. so I can't stick them into my sentences where I want them. That's why I have gone back to using ASCII's - I can put them anywhere.. 

I just got slapped in the head by somethin'..

I'm watching Bull Durham (1988). The music during the last 15 minutes screams Blade Runner(1982). Really.. if you close your eyes and just listen, you'll swear you've got Blade Runner on.

Bull Durham's music is by Michael Convertino; and Blade Runner's is by Vangelis. Perhaps Michael Convertino is a pseudonym of Vangelis'..?

P.S.  I just voted for Greed (1925) to be released on DVD

And.. if you liked that one, you'll  love  this  one. Here's  a  shot  from  a  big  star's  film we don't get to see that often. Here he is - in character - onstage  with  his rockabilly band, a (lip) synchin' and a playin' (not) the heck outta his guitar.  Oh.. and  lookie  who's  backin' him up on that  fancy electric guitar of his in the background.

rk6m85.jpg