Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

From around the galaxy

Whoa! I'm getting flashbacks! (no colors, though)  -  That reminds me of an old tv commercial from, I can't recall.. the 1990s..?  ...  Some guy is sitting on a park bench when a squirrel comes up next to him. He grabs the squirrel and slams it into the side of his head and says, "Whoa.. color..".. or something like that.

My mom used to run one of those data processing departments for a large oil company with a local fuel distribution center in our area. I was still in school and she'd take me there one weekend a month and teach me how to program, operate, and troubleshoot all the different machines.

I recall in the mid to late 1990s on some show about the Apollo Mission 1969 moon landing, it was said that a simple digital wristwatch of the day had about 10 times the processing power of the whole computer system on board the lunar landing module.

Well this is cool, I just gave my oscilloscope a clock - It's called an Oscilloclock.  Now I need to do my Vectorscope.

15p4cup.jpg

Lol, my camera caught the second hand in the middle of a move causing an illusion of 2 second hands.

2afweac.jpg

24y8yvr.jpg

Well this is cool, I just gave my oscilloscope a clock - It's called an Oscilloclock.  Now I need to do my Vectorscope.

Lol, my camera caught the second hand in the middle of a move causing an illusion of 2 second hands.

2afweac.jpg

LOL !  Next is Pong 8^)

I think Google was just attacked by North Korea.

As soon as I began watching your Russian cooking video Google crashed.

I've been watching some of their news and other programming.  It's quite uncanny, one thinks we are watching American television - the shows, news crews reporting live, commercials, stock market, etc.  The only difference is the language barrier.  Moscow got hit by a big snow storm which showed snow removal, salt supply and traffic jams.  The amount of modern cars are unbelievable.

The channel list

http://wwitv.com/television/174.htm

Funny, they talk about a liquor store and the customers didn't need a photo ID.  Go figure.

Funny, they talk about a liquor store and the customers didn't need a photo ID.  Go figure.

Maybe that's 'cause word is the yutes over there start drinkin' the "W-o-d-k-a" pretty darn early in life, ham!

(...can't believe the word "Vodka" spelled with a "W" was auto-censored out!)

Edited by Dargo

A St. Bernard with a cask of warm brandy has been sent to find you.

This thread is open to anything.

If you drop a spoon down between your stove and fridge you can report it here.

Anything electronic will get you dinner with hamradio.

I just looked at this thread for the first time, and to say that I was left scratching my head is an understatement.

A St. Bernard with a cask of warm Head & Shoulders has been sent to find you.

This thread is open to anything.

If you drop a spoon down between your stove and fridge you can report it here.

Anything electronic will get you dinner with hamradio.

You misunderstood what I posted. I don't care what's posted, I CAN"T read the posts because each time I click on the thread it BOUNCES back to the first post.

That's ok, too. I've never had that problem the way you describe it. HOWEVER.. after I use SEARCH to find a thread and THEN click on it to get in.. that's when I get the EXACT same problem you describe here. So it's not just you.

:unsure:

There's been some wacky goin's on like that all over the boards since the upgrade.

vwy6g9.jpg

That's spooky. This instantly reminded me of a dream I had when I was about 5 years of age. I was in Abraham Lincoln's office before he was President and he was dressed exactly as in this photo. He was sitting in one of those old, wooden, swiveling, desk chairs and we were bouncing a Spalding basketball back and forth.

That's ok, too. I've never had that problem the way you describe it. HOWEVER.. after I use SEARCH to find a thread and THEN click on it to get in.. that's when I get the EXACT same problem you describe here. So it's not just you.

:unsure:

There's been some wacky goin's on like that all over the boards since the upgrade.

Now you understand. Got no problem with anybody posting anything they want to post on the thread. This is a technical issue.

Let's see.. what's on tonight..hmmm.. Lana Turner, Richard Egan, LSD... LSD.. LSD !?

Well, what else would you be watching at 3:45 AM on a Sunday?

The Big Cube (1969)

Been there, done that, and it looked a whole lot better than this film (sorry Lana)

My classic downtown theater is a 20 minute leisurely stroll away. This is what we had this month:

The Graduate, Gone with the Wind, The Godfather, It's a Wonderful Life (last weekend), and Rear Window (this weekend).

I never really took to The Graduate, but the rest suit me just fine.