Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JakeHolman

Jake's Classic Movie Stars Pictures, Photos & Images

For those of us that might not recognize just who is in the photo, or if the photo is somewhat dark, some captions would be a nice touch.

Austin2

• Like 1

7b663337a282662029574f6745a6aff6.jpg

This photo reminds me of an anecdote that a photography professor of mine told our class once, Jake. He had previously been a photographer for a newspaper (a British Columbia paper, if memory me correctly) and he got himself on board a plane that would be carrying Marilyn Monroe as a passenger, in the hopes of interviewing her.

He said that he sat beside her for the entire trip. Also seated by her was a man with a hat pulled down over his face throughout the trip. My professor talked to Monroe who, I gather, must have been fairly conversational with him, though he didn't relate any of the particulars. At the end of the trip my prof then turned for the first time to the man beside Monroe to ask him if he was her agent.

The man removed his hat to reveal that it was Robert Mitchum.

• Like 2