Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"No signal" Interruptions on TCM?

voranis

Has anyone else noticed in the past week or so TCM occasionally going dark for a few seconds?  I get a "no signal" message on my TV.  Sometimes it is occurring in the middle of a movie, like the first June Allyson film last Wednesday, My Man Godfrey, and also I saw it happen during the film Deep in My Heart last Tuesday.  I saw it again tonight just a few minutes before Princess Tam Tam began.

I thought it was just my basic cable having problems (TCM is a basic cable channel in our area), so I switched to watching/recording from my DirecTV feed (I have a hybrid of DirecTV and basic cable), and I still occasionally see the screen go dark with a "no signal" message on my TV.

Since I am experiencing it on both basic cable and DirecTV, it seems unlikely it is just a problem at my house.  I am wondering if other viewers are seeing it?

Robbie

I've had hiccups happening this week along with off-synch audio.

What happens is that at random points, the movie I'm watching will repeat a five second bit after a one-second "go to black."

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings