Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HELP NEED INFO! Birth of a Nation Colonial Theater Movie Program 1915

I recently ran across an original 1915 movie program for Birth of a Nation from its showing at the Colonial theater. I know of the movies infamous history and horribly racist content. However I also know of its historical signifigance as far as the art of film making is concerned. Its not in great shape but considering its almost 100 years old and was printed on the equivilent of toilet paper, its still held together and thats saying something. My question is how rare is something like this..... I tried to find one on ebay, and spent about 30 minutes scanning online only to find a reprint of the contents and one other program which doesn't match the design of mine. Mine has the "Colonial Theatre Beautiful" across the top, with the movie title in a circle in the center cover, underneath which is a small photo of D.W. Griffith with his name under the picture. To me the most interesting parts are the advertisements inside the program as I detest racism, and everything the movie stands for. However as stated earlier I understand the signifigance of the film to the way movies where made. If anyone has any information as to the programs rarity, value, and a proper venue to sell or trade such an item besides ebay it would be greatly appreciated. A picture can be provided at request.