Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ann B. Davis 1926-2014

Swithin

140601183504-ann-b-davis---restricted-hoA lovable character actress from our youth has died. Known mostly for two television shows -- Love that Bob and The Brady Bunch -- but also for several films.

140601183504-ann-b-davis---restricted-hoA lovable character actress from our youth has died. Known mostly for two television shows -- Love that Bob and The Brady Bunch -- but also for several films.

It just won't be the same in the Brady household without her. :(

The woman was 88 years old!  Since when do you do an autopsy when an 88 year old person dies, unless the circumstances are suspicious, i.e. possibly murdered.

i dont think there is any suspicion of foul play. they just want to determine the cause of death. subdural hematoma, broken neck, stroke. nice to know these things.

i dont think there is any suspicion of foul play. they just want to determine the cause of death. subdural hematoma, broken neck, stroke. nice to know these things.

The mother of a friend of mine died after falling from her bed.  If she had died in bed, the autopsy wouldn't have been necessary but b/c she fell, the state requires it.  Unfortunately, the state was slow about getting my friend and her family the results which hindered settling her estate.

Anyway...RIP Ann B. Davis.

The mother of a friend of mine died after falling from her bed.  If she had died in bed, the autopsy wouldn't have been necessary but b/c she fell, the state requires it.  Unfortunately, the state was slow about getting my friend and her family the results which hindered settling her estate.

Anyway...RIP Ann B. Davis.

makes sense. a fall isnt necessarily a cause of death. was your friend in texas? we have separate courts for that sort of thing. it can drag on.

For heavens sake, can we stop this conversation about autopsies? I started this thread to pay tribute to an iconic, beloved actress. Someone else saw her obit, which mentioned the routine procedure, and it has monopolized this thread! Please stop!

Wish some station would have a Love That Bob! marathon this wknd (I'm sure the Bradys will get one) I'd love to see that show again. I vaguely remember it. At least Shultzy.........

Wish some station would have a Love That Bob! marathon this wknd (I'm sure the Bradys will get one) I'd love to see that show again. I vaguely remember it. At least Shultzy.........

I would also like to see it. Other regulars included Rosemary DeCamp and Dwayne Hickman, as Bob's sister and nephew.

I also remember the show and would love to see it again. Ann Davis was very funny as Schultzy. I remember Rosemary DeCamp and Dwayne Hickman on the show. I remember Bob Cummings as the photographer playboy, Schultzy worked for him I think. I can't remember if I watched the show first run or as re-runs when I was kid.

RIP Ann B Davis

So this mean the Brady kids and Mike will have to

eat Carol's cooking from now on? Oh, the humanity.

Bobby has volunteered to eat Tiger's leftovers.  :lol:

...Spaghetti never cooked before. Leftovers Bradys never kneewww... :) 

I also remember the show and would love to see it again. Ann Davis was very funny as Schultzy. I remember Rosemary DeCamp and Dwayne Hickman on the show. I remember Bob Cummings as the photographer playboy, Schultzy worked for him I think. I can't remember if I watched the show first run or as re-runs when I was kid.

RIP Ann B Davis

Yeah, me either. I think it was reruns as I read yesterday it was originally called The Bob Cummings Show, but they changed it to Love That Bob! for the reruns. I remember it being Love That Bob! (strange they'd change it)....

I never watched BRADY BUNCH but I thought she was very funny on LOVE THAT BOB. It was heartening to read others' comments about LOVE THAT BOB and remember it fondly, too. It would be fun to see it again.

HATED the Brady Bunch. Never watched it. My younger sister did though. Ditto Partridge Family.....

I never watched BRADY BUNCH but I thought she was very funny on LOVE THAT BOB. It was heartening to read others' comments about LOVE THAT BOB and remember it fondly, too. It would be fun to see it again.

Moronic show, Brady Bunch. Same for The Partridge Family.

Love That Bob was very good, sorry to see the last cast member depart.

I'd seen her on talk shows over the years, and when the talk turned to Bob Cummings, she always displayed nothing but love for the guy.  She'd often rib him about his "health kick", and mention whenever they'd dine together, the table would be littered with supplement bottles.  But she was good natured about it and always came off on those talk shows as a warm hearted, down to Earth individual.  I used to watch BRADY BUNCH reruns with my kids when THEY were little, and always enjoyed them for the camp. But like some others here, I mainly remembered her as SCHULTZY, from THE BOB CUMMINGS SHOW.  She was his assistant, and did all the darkroom tasks. 

Sepiatone

On Sunday June 8th, ME-TV is going to have a mini-marathon devoted to Ann B. Davis.  They will air four episodes of The Brady Bunch that focus on her character.  And then they will show a 1980 episode of The Love Boat, where she guest-starred.

On Sunday June 8th, ME-TV is going to have a mini-marathon devoted to Ann B. Davis.  They will air four episodes of The Brady Bunch that focus on her character.  And then they will show a 1980 episode of The Love Boat, where she guest-starred.

Thanks, but no thanks. (Brady Bunch). I figured some station would......

TVLand has run a brief tribute spot over the last few days. I think they

will likely run a mini-marathon sometime soon, maybe this weekend.

Not like The Brady Bunch? That's like not liking the flag, mom,

and apple pie. :)

Sorry. Never did. Never will. Not a Sherwood Schwartz fan..........

Archived