Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nine Days of One Year (1962)

SansFin

I am sorry to say that I was distracted by the new TCM Programming Challenge and forgot to post of this movie before it airing as TCM Import.

Did any watch it?

It is a wonderful movie and it is very powerful in subtle ways. I see little point in posting much concerning it if no one else did watch it.

• Like 1

I am happy that you watched it. I must assume that you liked it because most people whom I have met who have watched it in its entirety like it. Those who dislike it usually dislike it to such an extent that they turn it off before it is half-complete.

The movie raised some controversy when it was released. I believe the elements which prompted you to call it: "fair-minded" were responsible for it being denounced as Anti-Soviet at the time. :)

I find it quite realistic because I knew people in similar capacities who were both as idealistic and as selfish as the characters in the movie.

I have noticed that TCM is playing more Mosfilm movies of recent. I do hope that this is a trend which they continue.