Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This Mystery's a Mystery...HELP!!!!

zienia

OK, I seen a movie on TCM maybe about 3 years back. black and white film Year: about 1940's,maybe 50's I don't know. Well, the plot, a very sick women who was bed ridden, she lived in in a huge house apparently with her husband, but her husband, being a business man, happen to be on a business trip and left her at home with an  in-home nurse. The telephone rings one night, and she answers, only to hear a conversation between two men ploting  to kill  "at midnight when the train passes through". Ironically, the bed ridden lady's view from her bedroom happen to be train tracks on which the train obviously passes through. The movie continues with her trying to contact her husband in New York  to inform him about this horrific phone call, but as the night progresses and many telephone calls later, the paranoid woman discovers  that her husband paid someone to murder her, only she finds out too late and  did not get a chance to call for help. THE END!! I may have the ending a little twisted but, that's because I haven't seen it in a long time.

The title of this movie is still unknown to me,I thought it was called "Telephone" but, that movie title, according to Google does not exsist. So, this Mystery movie is a Mystery and I would love to see it again. Can anyone identify this movie and help me find it? Appreciate it Thanks

I've always thought they did a great job of turning a 30-minute radio drama into a full-length movie.  Of course, the plot gets a little complicated at times but it's still engrossing.  And, of course, Stanwyck is terrific.  And that final scene where you see the shadow on the wall as the killer comes up the stairs is suspense at its best.

Terrence.

WOW!!!! you don't know my struggle in finding this movie,I knew I should have went straight to the source; TCM.  I really wanted to watch it again Thank you both!!! I'm going to go watch it now!! Yay!!!!!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings