Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM's perennial visual treat

NipkowDisc

Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. My favorite parts are the 3 astronauts breaking out some cold ham and cheese on rye sandwiches, I guess because it makes me hungry,  :D and Dave Bowman going thru the emergency airlock and putting the kibosh on that H-A-L niner triple zero weisenheimer.  :)

post-41875-0-32305300-1401853141_thumb.jpg

post-41875-0-32305300-1401853141_thumb.jpg

Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. My favorite parts are the 3 astronauts breaking out some cold ham and cheese on rye sandwiches, I guess because it makes me hungry,  :D and Dave Bowman going thru the emergency airlock and putting the kibosh on that H-A-L niner triple zero weisenheimer.  :)

Whatta movie. I still remember going to see it with my little brother who wore a hat and a bird pooped on it and we had to go back and get it cleaned off but still made the movie.

Nothing like it in the movies. Loses everything on television. Everything.

Whatta movie. I still remember going to see it with my little brother who wore a hat and a bird pooped on it and we had to go back and get it cleaned off but still made the movie.

Nothing like it in the movies. Loses everything on television. Everything.

In the words of Black-Eyed Peas' "Boom Boom Pow", this is, to me, "visual s**t". I've never been a 2001 fan, even though my real first name is Hal.

In the words of Black-Eyed Peas' "Boom Boom Pow", this is, to me, "visual s**t". I've never been a 2001 fan, even though my real first name is Hal.

I agree. I just watched it to test the color, brightness and contrast settings on my new led TV. I've hated that Kubrick Krapola ever since I first saw it on it's first network showing back in the 1970s on NBC Saturday Night at the Movies. Came on at eight and come eight thirty-five I unhesitantly turned the channel asking myself **** is this:lol: Couldn't figure out too much from the monkeys and the bones.  :mellow: I think it was the black slab that did it for me.  :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings