Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Princess Bride (1987)...Your Chance To Intro!

Tikisoo

Well, kinda.

The theater will be showing this film (yes 35mm) next month and the "intro" has been discussed by three different employees. We all like the film, but not one of us has any ideas of what would be interesting for the intro!

Of course, looking through the internet was suggested, but I thought that was a bad idea since there's so much mis-information I didn't want anyone to repeat unsubstantiated text.

Knowing this board is chock full of literate film buffs, I thought YOU might be a great source....give you a chance to play Robert Osborne-well Robert Osborne's writers.

If you want to play, there's no need to write an actual script, just suggestions of interesting tidbits you think should be included for anyone seeing the film for the first time.

How about it? Any ideas? 

One thing might surprise you is how few people know that Mandy Patinkin is a wonderful singer.He has many recordings to his name. Hee excels in old Broadway music and even early 20th century songs. He does concerts from time to time.

A little tidbit..

One of Cary Elwes' ancestors is John Elwes - "Elwes the Miser". A Member of Parliament (MP) in Great Britain for Berkshire (1772–1784) and a noted eccentric and miser. John Elwes, or "Elwes the Miser", is alleged in some sources to have been the inspiration for Ebenezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol (1843) - the novella.