Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best In Drag

Just saw TCM's presentation of LOVE CRAZY in which William Powell plays a very funny and convincing woman. Wondered which guy was the most convincing girl in a movie, and which, though not convincing perhaps, was the funniest. There's lots to choose from, so whatcha think?

7408472736_827f03db63.jpg

I wouldn't label William Powell's turn as his character's sister convincing, but definitely funny - and quite a trip to see him without his mustache.  My favorite part of that charade is Myrna Loy's Susan trying to signal Stephen he has lost the ball of yarn masquerading as his breast.

Robin Williams in "Mrs. Doubtfire" was pretty good.

I agree about Jack Lemmon in "Some Like it Hot" being hilarious.

William Powell should always have his moustache.  While hilarious in "Love Crazy," (albeit, not the most convincing) it was just wrong that he didn't have it.  The moustache makes William Powell.

Nathan Lane is so very precious in: The Birdcage (1996)!

Love Crazy (1947) is one of my favorite movies! Myrna Loy and William Powell were wonderful in all of their movies. This movie has the best mix of types of humor. It is deliciously over-the-top so many times and it carries you along in its zany ways.

Just saw TCM's presentation of LOVE CRAZY in which William Powell plays a very funny and convincing woman. Wondered which guy was the most convincing girl in a movie, and which, though not convincing perhaps, was the funniest. There's lots to choose from, so whatcha think?

Tim Curry in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" (1975)

276350_40f09d7d1a8561b9edf610281843cc71.

A whole lot of very funny drag roles on this thread.  All tongue in cheek and very funny.  I'll vote for a funny "drag" thread.  Let's not forget the immortal roles of Curtis and Lemmon in SOME LIKE IT HOT.  Let's not forget the immortal E. T. in drag.  He did not look happy.

Lots of great drag roles here. And when I said WIlliam Powell was convincing I meant he really looked like a dame, not that he acted like one very well.

The Python boys did drag a lot, Eric being the best IMHO

And even Sir Alec Guinness played a crazy temperance dowager type in KIND HEARTS AND CORONETS

But these two deserved a picture-- Don Knotts sure makes an ugly woman!

still-of-tim-conway-and-don-knotts-in-th

i was watching an episode of _the alfred hitchcock hour_ entitled 'an unlocked window' and stumbled upon a female impersonator who called himself t.c. jones.

it freaked me out.

I remember watching this episode as a 13 y/o and when it was first broadcast in '65, and it scaring the ever-lovin' you-know-what out o' me back then, too.

-- Don Knotts sure makes an ugly woman!

Well ya know LP, Don was never exactly "a Cary Grant" sans makeup and dressed in men's clothing either! ;)

(...though ironically, Cary wasn't exactly "an Ava Gardner" when dressed in women's clothing in "I Was a Male War Bride", now was he!) 

i was watching an episode of _the alfred hitchcock hour_ entitled 'an unlocked window' and stumbled upon a female impersonator who called himself t.c. jones.

it freaked me out.

T.C. Jones was considered one of the best, along with Arthur Blake and Charles Pierce. None of them specialized in getting the look exactly as much as the voice. All of them were extremely skilled vocal impressionists and specialized in female Hollywood stars. Jones got his start in "New Faces of 1953", where he did a great Tallulah. ("Sorry I'm late. We stopped off at the motel for something to eat.") He also appeared in "Promises, Promises", the Jayne Mansfield nudie, and as the waitress in "Head", the Monkees movie which TCM has shown several times.

T.C. Jones was considered one of the best, along with Arthur Blake and Charles Pierce. None of them specialized in getting the look exactly as much as the voice. All of them were extremely skilled vocal impressionists and specialized in female Hollywood stars. Jones got his start in "New Faces of 1953", where he did a great Tallulah. ("Sorry I'm late. We stopped off at the motel for something to eat.") He also appeared in "Promises, Promises", the Jayne Mansfield nudie, and as the waitress in "Head", the Monkees movie which TCM has shown several times.

He was great in that Alfred Hitchcock hour. I've never forgotten that episode or the first time I saw it when younger.......

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings